HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The Carroll County Courthouse

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places View previous topic
View next topic
The Carroll County Courthouse
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post The Carroll County Courthouse Reply with quote
The main part was built in the 1850's and just a few days ago I was told by a worker inside the building that it's haunted by a ghost called "George". Furniture slides around when no one is in the room, but the man teling me about this was doing some emergency repair work late at night when he got to hear it.
Two days later I'm tellig my Mother about this and she told me that when she was a small child there had been a courthouse janitor named "George", she told me where he lived in town, he had been a janitor there for many, many years she said.
So if you want to experience this just get yourself arrested sneaking onto someone's private property looking for ghosts and they will accomodate you by putting you in the haunted courthouse jail.
Either way, you can't lose!

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:33 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Horror Flicks

Post Reply with quote
That's quite interesting about the courthouse. I think I will take a good spooky road trip over there some of these days. Laughing
Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post IF? Reply with quote
You are in Washington DC it will be quite a little drive to Mount Carroll, illinois.
Only minutes from anywhere if you drive FAST! then your county jail accomodations will be ready, you will get to see everything up close and long-term. hahahah!

Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Horror Flicks

Post Reply with quote
Yes, I'm from DC in Fairfax area. It will be a few hours for me to get there to the courthouse and see what it looks like. Wink
Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: