HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Abandoned houses, Shaumburg Road

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places View previous topic
View next topic
Abandoned houses, Shaumburg Road
Villager

Post Abandoned houses, Shaumburg Road Reply with quote
I'm not certain if this is exactly on Shaumburg Road, but I'm pretty sure. It's definitely in Shaumburg.

It's a lot that's set back a bit into some trees. On the lot are 3 abandoned structures: a house (A), a garage, and a guest house (B). I've explored the main house a bit, leaving some rooms unexplored. There's still a bit of furniture and personal effects left inside, though it's obvious the house has been abandoned for some time.

The front door is padlocked, so the only way into the house is through a side window. You'll end up in a bedroom, with a small hallway through the door. To the right is a more open area, with a bathroom nearby. There's a large mural on the wall here, a forest or jungle scene if I remember. There are some stairs leading down to the living room and kitchen areas, though this has not been heavily explored. I found my way to the front door, and it is some creepy **** indeed. There are mirrors on the walls and ceiling, very creepy at night. It was about this time my group wanted to leave, so I hope to go back soon.

The guest house is another story. I haven't been inside it. Approaching House B, you'll definitely feel an odd chill just gazing at it. I think there's a light on the outside of it, so be careful not to attract attention from the street. Anyway, on the outiside of B is a door that seems to come from the 2nd floor. However, there's no stairs leading to the door, meaning if someone stepped through it, they'd be looking at a 2-story drop. Upon close inspection, there doesn't appear to be anything that would suggest a staircase was ever there (no trim, outline, hinges, etc.).

The garage is pretty creepy too. From what I could see, it was full of lots of misc. junk, with... something... hanging from the rafters. The main garage door is shut and locked, and the side door appears to have been torn off the hinges.

Of course, local legend says it's haunted by some circumstance or another. While it's very creepy, there's not much to suggest this.

Nonetheless, has anyone heard or know of anything about this?
Sun May 25, 2008 7:14 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Evos4life08

Post Reply with quote
Do you know this is located. I know you said you did'nt really know but do you have any clues to where about?
Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:49 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: