HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Big haunts claim of 15,000-20,000 served.

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
Big haunts claim of 15,000-20,000 served.
BIGGUN

Post Big haunts claim of 15,000-20,000 served. Reply with quote
I'm trying to figure out if the claim is true that some larger haunts in the area, over the course of the haunt season, serve appox 15,000-20,000 patrons. D.O.D. Zion, Fear City Morton Grove, and I think at one point Dream Reapers may have claimed a similar number. Most haunts are only open 18-20 dates during the haunt season, and are only open about 4 hrs a night on average. DOD being the exception. They close "when the last body crawls out" on certain nights. Take into consideration the first couple of weekends are slow, and the last few are busy, you would have to average about 1,000 customers an hour. I dont think thats even possible! Does anybody here know what a good haunt averages??
Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 am View user's profile Send private message
dover

Post Reply with quote
I like math, so let's see if we can figure this out. 20,000 patrons divided by 20 nights is 1,000 a night. If your are open 4 hours that's 250 people an hour. That's 4.17 people served every minute or one person every .24 minutes. If your average group size is 10 people, that is a group every 2 minutes & 24 seconds. It doesn't seem impossible, but our haunt doesn't even come close to those numbers, so I can't say for sure.
Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:33 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Much Effort Required To Begin To Do Those Numbers Reply with quote
There will either be an "Army" of haunt workers or a fortune in mechanical work to create the show, plus armed guards "Watchers" ready to take care of problems or problem customers in the "drop of a hat" or pants, they can also drop.
After it's all done, you hope enough customers were entertained or scared enough to consider returning, giving you more of their money. Maybe they weren't? Maybe they won't?
A truly scary thought to mull over all year til the next time your doors open .
Safely putting huge numbers through a haunt in a very few minutes of precious time can be accomplished... but at what price?
I have had many people complain to me about very "Nothing" shows they regretted paying money to see.
"Wham! -Bam! Thank you Mam' just doesn't impress everyone . A good show requires time to communicate at normal speed so comprehension happens along with un-ease leading to fear, scare, relief -RESET! Do it again now. (All the way through the house)
I have had my house OPEN almost EVERY NIGHT for 25 years, I sure hope I have figured out something along the way! But,of course nobody knows it ALL!

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: