HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
people writing fake reviews?

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
people writing fake reviews?
thecurse

Post people writing fake reviews? Reply with quote
has anyone seen a haunt review they reviewed get bashed, and then other reviews (all on the same day) give it a great review?

i reviewed one earlier this year, and it was low scare, small, but really fun. i read reviews after and people were saying it took 20 minutes to walk through, when in reality it took, maybe 8 minutes. then people were saying it was high scare, when in reality it had maybe a dozen actors, and a bunch of blank rooms.

i dont know, i think haunts are having their workers write in false reviews, and that is kind of annoying.
Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mudflapp

Post Reply with quote
Go to the vistors reviews on the main page, notice how only one has more than 10 reviews...... Shocked

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:06 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
BIGGUN

Post Reply with quote
An awful lot of 10 ratings for that haunt. It IS a good haunt, but all those 10's make me wonder a bit. Oh well, not the worst that could happen. Its nice to see people are still reviewing haunts, and taking the time to post them.
Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:52 am View user's profile Send private message
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Well, you know How it can happen.. Reply with quote
Sure, friends or haunt workers chime in bragging, misrepresenting the place. But, on the other hand, A Haunt can change very quickly from one person's seeing it to the next:
Some one goes on "Break"
Some display Breaks. A bulb burns out.
A customer's reaction distracts you from the scare in a certain area, so it may as well have never happened or been installed.
Employees become tired, or hoarse, can't give the performance everything it really needs.
Just getting all of the actors to even show up can be quite an accomplishment sometimes, I don't care how much you pay them or how well they are treated, or even if they are close friends or relatives.
Different things scare different people. Some people will not show any fear (Because they are wearing adult diapers!)
There is "Scary" and then there is "Entertaining". We sure do try to do both here. Your haunt MUST at least do one or the other because it is a "SHOW" and Show Business! Tell a story, be theatrical,make yourself heard and usually understood, exception, if you are playing a character who is un-decyphrable .
Another hint: There must be a fan-base who frequents haunts that are all trying to copy one another, but I do believe that group has shrunk considerably over the last few years.
Try to do something all your own, different. Put a new spin on something previously done.
You will never please everyone.. but they are paying you to try.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:56 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
thecurse

Post Reply with quote
I understand people are on break and something scare other people , but some reviews just make no sense to me. I dont really have a high standard for haunts....ill be having a great time even if its a 2 room garage haunt.
Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: