HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Have you seen a ghost?

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Your Supernatural Experiences View previous topic
View next topic
Have you seen a ghost?
Horror Flicks

Post Have you seen a ghost? Reply with quote
If so, then Professor Richard Wiseman of Hertfordshire University may want to hear from you.

Apparently, the University is preparing to study whether ghosts exist. Next month, the researchers will reveal whether they believe ghosts do exists, based on the submissions made to them.

Yet despite 15 years of studying the paranormal Professor Wiseman needs more convincing.

He said: "I am pretty sceptical about ghosts. Most of these phenomen have interesting but normal explanations".

"People who are bereaved or particularly stressed or who have been watching TV programmes about the paranormal can be prone to seeing ghosts".

So, what do you think? Do ghosts exist?

To send in sightings or photographs, go to www.scienceofghosts.com

For ghostly pics, go to http://scienceofghosts.wordpress.com
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:17 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Ghost

Post Reply with quote
I have been investigating the paranormal for about 3 years now but have yet to see the " Holy Grail " ghost yet. I have experienced some things that we could not re-create naturally but no full apparitions.
Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Horror Flicks

Post Reply with quote
Who are you? Tell me more.
Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Ghost

Post Reply with quote
My name is Eric. I am the founder of Illinois Valley Paranormal, group is currently up in limbo, an investigator for GRIGORI group , and the Illinois Rep. for International Paranormal Investigators. I have worked at a few haunted houses over the years, nothing big just local fairgrounds. I am statring to get more involved with a local haunt that started up 3 years ago. As for the paranormal, orbs I do not put much belief into as 99% are mostly dust, bugs, and moisture in the air. In the 3 years I have been doing this we have captured 1 mist on a pic that we can not debunk. I will try to post it here for you. It was captured by the lead investigator of GRIGORI Group. I had taken a pic immediately after of him taking his pic and have nothing in mine. We were not able to recreate it at the time either. As for personal experiences we have seen quite a few shadow people on our investigations, had a couple people touched, 1 person shoved to the ground, and plenty of unexplainable noises. We have been on hiatus over the winter and looking forward to starting back up again this spring with some good investigations. I will also be in this forum more looking for ideas and help with our haunted woods. I love working in them but have never helped design one before.

Eric

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kevin Dells

Post Reply with quote
Looks like a swarm of Knats to me but what do i know.

" When it comes to freaky people i win!"

Woods of Terror on Church Street
www.woodsofterror.com
Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
LordOfGotham

Post Reply with quote
Kevin Dells wrote:
Looks like a swarm of Knats to me but what do i know.

Well, you know your coyote story...

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post "Seen A Ghost" Reply with quote
Maybe 19 years ago, I was living in my house alone, it was 10:30 pm, wintertime, nothing going on, very quiet in town.
I was standing in my front room playing with some video tapes, the TV was the only source of light in the room.
I heard the south outside door open into the next room, the kitchen. This did not concern me at all, it could have been any one of a dozen friends or relatives dropping by to see how I was.
I heard them walking across the hardwood kitchen floor headed my direction.
I used to have a sheer curtain hanging at the edge of the doorway, then a long table with furniture stacked on it to effectively create a room divider, then another sheer curtain at the end of the long table.
Looking through the first sheer curtain, I saw the door open, I heard the door open and saw someone enter the room.
All I could tell through the sheer curtain was that they were maybe about 5ft. 6 to 5ft. 8 inches tall.
I then heard them walking behind the "room divider" , there was no carpet in the room at that time.
Expecting to see Andrew, Matt, Heather, or Bob,Troy, Anne, Mary,Tami........so there I was all alone in the big old spooky house built on the edge of the cliff, at the end of the dead end street, across from the graveyard, all alone...who stepped from behind the last sheer curtain?
I can very quickly and easilly tell you what I saw...because all that it was was a pair of black jeans with no feet and no upper body!
It took two steps then vanished, right there almost in the middle of the front room, no more than maybe 8 feet away from me.
I stood there for a few seconds not moving (but also not as shook up as I maybe should have been)
I then said, "O...K?"
Yes, The Ravens Grin Inn is haunted and this has scared some people very deeply and I'm afraid perminently.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post "Coincidence?" Reply with quote
When I first had this house I had a girlfriend who got off work at midnight, she and I were standing talking in the basement at the stairs.
I had recently built a "Critter" in the wine cellar resembling a spider with a human head. When someone would enter the room a motion switch would turn on a light so he could be seen and simultaneously turn on his internal motor , making him vibrate and shake a very distinctive sound.
I asked her if I had shown my new "Critter" to her yet?
"Yes, you showed that to me a few days ago."
"Oh."
Then from the wine cellar 25 feet away and around a 90 degree corner came that distinctive vibrating, shaking sound, shutting itself off after maybe just 3 to 5 seconds duration.
I absent-mindedly thought:"Oh, the spider guy is running."
Her response was to loudly proclaim:"You Did That! You're Just Trying To Scare ME!" And up the stairs she sprinted and out the door, headed fast and definately away from this place.
My only mistake was running after her and calming her as best that was possible.
Years before I knew her she had lived in the east apartment here with her Mother and had seen a ghost in the bedroom late one night. Her dog saw it too and reacted to it, so maybe it was a battle doomed to failure from the start, attempting to convince her not to be afraid here.
The motion switch controlling the critter and light is the first motion switch I ever bought, it is still working perfectly in the wine cellar as I type this in March of 2009. That switch is not supposed to activate from anything smaller than a human being crossing it's path, no bug, bird, mouse , bat is ever supposed to set it off, of course none of these types of animals have ever been seen down in that cold, damp room.
Other "Coincidences" have also happened here, talking about something, or repeatedly thinking about something...then it happens.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LordOfGotham

Post Re: "Seen A Ghost" Reply with quote
jim warfield wrote:
Maybe 19 years ago, I was living in my house alone, it was 10:30 pm, wintertime, nothing going on, very quiet in town.

All I could tell through the sheer curtain was that they were maybe about 5ft. 6 to 5ft. 8 inches tall.

I can very quickly and easilly tell you what I saw...because all that it was was a pair of black jeans with no feet and no upper body!

19 years ago, I was living at the reputedly haunted Barat College in Lake Forest. Several "ghost stories" had resulted from my having created (for a theater class) and worn an all black Batman costume around the campus at night. While I've never been to Mt. Carol, I'm 5'7", and frequently wear black jeans. What I want to know is why my jeans felt the need to go astral and bother Jim while I was busy freaking out college security guards...

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Were You the 2am Ninja? Reply with quote
Laying along a country road near Stockton, Ill. many years ago?
Some guys out just driving around late at night saw something laying beside the road in the shallow ditch so they stopped to investigate, thinking it was probably just going to be a garbage bag.
As they got closer to it, it jumped up, then ran away!
This was the same night they found a stack of dead cats on a county bridge late at night.
Life is strange, if you take the time to notice.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MystMoonstruck

Post Reply with quote
I hope to find my way back here; so, perhaps if I post now, it will help guide me back.

I have ghost stories to share! During my college years in the Seventies, I lived in a haunted house, one that frightened other renters away. But, I stayed because I've been studying the paranormal since I was 10 years old~more than half a century now. Before that, our family had experienced many unusual things.

Even one story will take a lot of writing, so I must return when I have the time and do not have a horrible headache.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy reading others' stories.

Deserts of vast eternity.
The grave's a fine and private place,
But none, I think, do there embrace.
Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:14 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post "Witnesses" to the Paranormal (That don't LIE!) Reply with quote
Are there such things? Witnesses to the paranormal who you KNOW ARE NOT LYING!
These two witnesses are absolutely irrefutable! They have no reason to lie, they weren't drunk or "High" or under great duress or stress of any kind when they heard the same unexplainable cries through the door from the next room at 2AM.
I already know what they will be saying to prove that my Wife also heard those screams and cries. These two will testify and tell only the truth as they know it to be, and they will be saying the following :" Muur!" "Growl-Bark!"
Yes our cat and dog heard the same sounds and reacted to them at 2AM, just like my Wife reacted to the sounds, they all RAN , ran away from those sounds!
I was sound asleep in bed several rooms away on the same, north side of the house they were in. A major dividing wall basically cuts the house in-half with just one doorway to pass from North to South or vice-versa.
This happened soon after my Wife had been standing bedside as her Grandmother had passed away.
Maybe this was some connection or causal "effect"?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Your Supernatural Experiences All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: