HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Floating Lantern

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Urban Legends View previous topic
View next topic
Floating Lantern
rockfan15

Post Floating Lantern Reply with quote
Hey, I never noticed the new boards before (I have a small screen at home) I think this will be great story to get the ball rolling. This is very generic story and until a few years ago I thought it was just a story...until I saw! Freak out me and my friends at the trail!

Okay, Let me start off with some info that might work for or against me. The site of the road in this story is located on the land we do the trail of screams on! Just keep in mind that we work out in this area and we know the myth (I made video with some footage caught when we were making our commerial) See the myth is that one night a farmer from the next field over saw something in his field. So expecting some kids he grabs a lantern and investigates. When he walks out the figure slips in the corn rows. The farmer not to happy about people on his land so gives chase onto the land that is camp winnebago. He chases him toward one of the log cabins and suddenly the figure vanishes. Expecting kids he walks into the cabin. Now the story goes the he meets up with the figure (most be scary!) and he runs out into the woods he crosses the path staggering and drops the lantern he was holding by the side of the road. He was never seen again! Really it is in the Rockford Register Star archives! Some say the black figure caught the farmer or the farmer fell into the lake. Now some say if you drive up the service road and stop half way and flick your headlights three times then the light of the lantern will appear!! I saw it halloween 03'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys want the video clip then post here because I don't want to wasted server space!

Freaky and chilling that is all I have to say about seeing the lantern

post you thoughts...

Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LordOfGotham

Post Reply with quote
Soooo....If the farmer charged off into the night alone with his lantern and never returned or turned up, how does anyone know where he looked, or who he might've encountered? Someone had to have been with him to get these details, in a pre-CSI situatiuon. Maybe a good ole' fashioned tracker pieced together some of the details? Where does this story really originate? More details are neeeded.

The ghost light could be a natural phosphorescence, or maybe Native spirits.

I think prankish Native ghosts might've been behind Kevin's "coyote experience". Or maybe even protecting him that night. Either way, they spared him no mercy from fear. Just like those old tribal initiation rites. On the other hand, maybe he was just lucky. Nature can be pretty harsh on the unwary primate.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
LordOfGotham

Post Reply with quote
Then again, flicking your headlights on three times may just be the "all clear" sign to the flower children growing pot back in the woods and the lantern is Cheech or Dave coming out to take your order. Or silence you for good....

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Urban Legends All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: