HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Rainbow Road as of August 24th, 2007

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places View previous topic
View next topic
Rainbow Road as of August 24th, 2007
DKM1

Post Rainbow Road as of August 24th, 2007 Reply with quote
I went to Rainbow Road and Cuba road last weekend, looking for anything out of the ordinary, and to confirm some things I'd heard about it from a friend who goes there often. I brought a camera and a couple friends, and had a look around.
For one, the new house being built on Rainbow Road, right by the silo, hasn't been worked on for at least 5 or 6 months. There are building materials that have been there, untouched, for quite some time. My friend confirmed that EVERYTHING looked exactly the same as when he had been there last, and the numerous times before that.
Another strange thing about the new house is that the lights are ALWAYS on at night. Do kids come here often and vandalize the area?
If anyone has been to Rainbow Road (or Cuba Road for that matter) recently, did you see anything unusual? It seems that no one has posted anything on either of these areas in a long time.

I made a short video of some creepy unexplained apparitions that we saw at Rainbow road. If anyone can help us figure out what these things are, we would really appreciate it.

Here's the video - http://youtube.com/watch?v=lBMFl3hA9HQ
Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
b45r

Post Reply with quote
hmmm ive heard a lot about this place. i wanna go sometime. im not sure where you are located but i you guys really should check out bloods point rd/cemetery. its in belvedere. im located in woodstock right by ryders woods. which didnt seem very haunted. the only thing that haunts ryders woods is the bums that live in there. although it would be kinda scary if you were walking through the woods and hear "CAN YOU SPARE 48 CENTS?" lol.
Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:44 am View user's profile Send private message
b45r

Post Reply with quote
alright. i went last night to white cemetery and the houses on rainbow road. the cemetery was closed off and had signs that said it was closed due to vandalism. so i didn't get to go any further there. didnt seem too scary though. then i found the silo and the 2 mansions. one of the mansions had the lights on. the one with the silo next to it. yes it looked kinda creepy with all the lights on, but thats it. they are still working on these houses, the tracks are too fresh to not have been made maybe a week ago at most. the rain would wash the tractor tracks away. and the machinery there is way too new and shiny. theres a lot of tools in the garage of the house. and theres still drinks in on the kitchen table from the workers. i did see some fools vandalized a few street signs and put a devils cross on one and someone wrote "NIGGA TOWN" on another......??? Rolling Eyes overall i saw, heard, and felt nothing while we were there.
Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
DKM1

Post Graffiti? Reply with quote
Where did you see this graffiti stuff? Was it like ON the houses or the silo or something. When I went there I didn't see anything, except a few pentagrams sprayed on signs near white cemetary.
Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
b45r

Post Reply with quote
it was on the street sign when approaching the mansions and on one of the big address signs for one of the houses.
Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
The Ghost of Rainbow Rd.

Post Rainbow Road Reply with quote
I live on Rainbow Rd... I lived there for 27 years... I know the history of it, even details about the house that everyone states was haunted by mobsters. I will be honest, people are getting a bit ticked off from vandels and stuff. I don't want to take away the fun for adults that are actually interested in hauntings, but most of the rumors/vandalism/sightings are just kids, and its getting old and out of control. Trust me, I've had my fun scaring people that would visit Rainbow Rd... Still do! Now I am not saying it is not haunted. We don't bother any body that remains here (ghosts that is).... and they don't bother us.

I just ask that if you or anyone you know plans to visit Rainbow Rd, please tell them to respect the people that do live there, especially the families that have a just recently built a house where the mansion used to be. Please let me know when you do plan to come here... I can try to meet up with you to discuss.

The ghost...

btw - my birthday is on Halloween - coincidence!?!
Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:44 am View user's profile Send private message
b45r

Post Reply with quote
and i must agree with you. lots of these "haunted" places seem to be all made up by kids. and the vandalism needs to stop. im not sure what vandalizing something is trying to show, but it is ruining it for the people that are really interested in just investigating the area.
Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
THE AD PROJECT

Post Ghost in White Cemetery on Cuba Road in Barrington, Illinois Reply with quote
This is a picture of what my friends and I beleive to be a ghost. We just went to White Cemetery on Cuba Road a few days ago. When we got inside through the back fence, one of my friends said they saw something standing by the headstone. As he said that, the four of us turned to run, but before I did, I took this picture. If you open it up with a program that you can zoom in with, you can see it more clearly. Also, there appears to be a white orb towards the left side of the photo. I would love any feedback that anyone might have.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: