HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Trail of Screams Press Release

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Press Releases / Haunt Industry News View previous topic
View next topic
Trail of Screams Press Release
Webmaster

Post Trail of Screams Press Release Reply with quote
Press Release from the Trail of Screams (Rockford, IL)

Trail of Screams Press Release wrote:

Thanks for SIX YEARS OF FEAR!!!!

On behalf of R.I.P. Productions we want to take a moment to thank EVERYONE that supported us for the last six years and have made the Trail of Screams a top 10 haunted attraction in Illinois.

I can’t express enough gratitude to ALL our dedicated actors that stuck it out in the cold and sometimes rain for 5 or 6 hours a night, for our staff and assistants who spent countless hours for the past six years making this event #1 in Rockford, to ALL our sponsors for supporting our event and to ALL our patrons who came out and braved the cold waiting in line for 4-5 hours just to enjoy Rockford’s Most Terrifying Haunted Event! Also, thank you to Adam from HauntedIllinois.com for being a true friend and supporter!

The road over the last six years has been bumpy but we proved that with a lot of work and dedication we could make the Trail of Screams a success! AND WE DID!!! In 2006 we opened our second location in Stillman Valley, IL and it was a huge success. Our reviews on HauntedIllinois.com prove it! Thanks for all those 10’S!!!!!

As the 2007 season comes to a close I just want to say that this will be our last year at the YMCA Camp Winnebago in Rockford, IL. This decision was based on the future of their mission with other programs and events held at Camp Winnebago. (Also, after six years they don’t want people to think the woods are scary (????) We have donated numerous $$$$ to the YMCA over the past six years to help them support the programs they provide to the community and they feel that it was not substantial enough to continue this event at Camp Winnebago. I have received many, many emails and phone calls from disappointed (and sometimes angry) patrons and supporters and I just want to say “thank you” for your concern and support...without you we could have never brought Rockford SIX YEARS OF FEAR!!!!!!!!!!

We hope to continue the Trail of Screams at Camp Medill McCormick in Stillman Valley in 2008! (and a few more surprises)

We are NOT going to let the tradition DIE....WE WILL BE BACK!!

BE PREPARED FOR MORE INTENSE, HEART-POUNDING FEAR IN 2008!!!!

R.I.P. Productions, Inc.

Adam Drendel
Webmaster of HauntedIllinois.com
"The Internet's Only Exclusive Directory of Illinois Haunted Attractions"
Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:43 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kevin Dells

Post Reply with quote
Ann,Brian and Crew,

I truly am sorry for the YMCA's decision to not let you continue, you guys have done a wonderful job of providing Rockford with a great haunt and i wish your entire team all the best at finding a new location. (which all of us know is darn near impossible in a city where haunting is considered sacreligious and againts all the beuarocrats rules!)

Keep your heads up and the horror wagon rolling forward!!

Kevin Dells

Past Manager ,Rockford Screamfest
Acting and Spfx Manager Woods of Terror,Greensboro, North Carolina

" When it comes to freaky people i win!"

Woods of Terror on Church Street
www.woodsofterror.com
Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
PsychoSkull7

Post Thanks for Six Years of Fear! Reply with quote
Hi Kevin,

I must honestly say we had a KICK-ASS year (at both locations)! Despite the vandalism and theft we had we pulled through and had the best season ever! Thanks to everyone that voted for us and for all those 10'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a mutal decision between us and the Y - we were really at the end of the line as to what we could do there and we are NOT going to turn our event into a "kiddie haunt." We are tired of donating $$$$ to an organization that doesn't appreciate it. There are so many more charities that would, so really it's for the best. I hope ALL our patrons and supporters understand that we are not giving up - just moving on - AFTER SIX YEARS... WE NEED TO LET OUR HAIR DOWN!!!!!!!

We are looking into a few prospects and as soon as we confirm everything we will let ALL of you know! Thanks for your kind words and support!

RIP Production's, Inc.
Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Press Releases / Haunt Industry News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: