HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
I miss...

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
I miss...
RebelGTP

Post I miss... Reply with quote
As the 2008 season is getting into full swing, I can't help but have empty feelings because of the fact that my old haunt is missing... I miss taunting the guests to my kitchen with threats to "not beat the meat" in the freezer. I miss rambling on about toe soup or eye soufflé... I miss getting the scare first, then bringing them down, just to get the setup or the scare again... I am a chef without a home... a cockamamie culinary crackpot without a kitchen...

I miss Rockford Screamfest...

Everyone is going to Hell, and I am driving the Bus...
Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kevin Dells

Post Reply with quote
Rockford the City without a haunt,looks like the city officials won their battle!
Thats why i moved at least a big part of it. I hear they even shut down the shriners this year,pathetic!

" When it comes to freaky people i win!"

Woods of Terror on Church Street
www.woodsofterror.com
Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Mudflapp

Post Reply with quote
morrison has no haunted house anymore either.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
Shriners, too?! I haven't heard anything about that, then again, I'm not all here half of the time lately... ::shakes fist at college::

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsey were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe!
Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:55 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Webmaster

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, Rockford seems to be driving Haunts out of the city for some reason. Trail of Screams moved from Rockford to South Beloit (& Stillman Valley) and the Tebala Temple of Terror moved to Stillman Valley too. I don't know what Rockford has against haunted houses. Evil or Very Mad

Looks like the only thing left in Rockford is the kiddie hayride at Lockwood Park. Maybe the Rockford city government will find a way to get rid of that, too! Rolling Eyes

Adam Drendel
Webmaster of HauntedIllinois.com
"The Internet's Only Exclusive Directory of Illinois Haunted Attractions"
Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RebelGTP

Post Reply with quote
Kevin Dells wrote:
Rockford the City without a haunt,looks like the city officials won their battle!
Thats why i moved at least a big part of it. I hear they even shut down the shriners this year,pathetic!

Yeah, I had heard from Brian that you had moved...

doesn't seem the same...

we have vindictive Fire Marshals...

I have seen nothing advertised in Machesney Park or Loves Park either...

Everyone is going to Hell, and I am driving the Bus...
Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
LordOfGotham

Post Reply with quote
Tebala moved? Are you sure that wasn't just because of the bridge construction? I really enjoyed their show last year.

I won't be out to see anything in the Rockford area this season, as I've moved back to Northbrook.

I knew something was seriously wrong in that town when the contest to name Rockford's Official Groundhog Day Rodent turned out not to be for a live groundhog, but some guy in a mascot costume...

Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Webmaster

Post Reply with quote
Well, it's not exactly official yet, but the guys from Tebala (as of a few days ago) weren't sure where they would be. According to their website, they were first in Rockford, then recently, they were going to be in Stillman Valley. Now their website says they are back in Rockford again. They told me they would let me know for sure within the next week. Shocked

Adam Drendel
Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kevin Dells

Post Reply with quote
Within the next week! Rolling Eyes Why bother by the time you build the haunt it's time to tear it down!

" When it comes to freaky people i win!"

Woods of Terror on Church Street
www.woodsofterror.com
Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:07 am View user's profile Send private message
Webmaster

Post Reply with quote
I guess it's official. They have worked everything out, so the Tebala Temple of Terror will be in Rockford, after all! Very Happy

Adam Drendel
Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:17 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
I saw a sign for Hopper's last week while driving to work- didn't they close, like, 5 years ago?

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsey were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe!
Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:17 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Follow the Money! Reply with quote
I was told about a large southern city where the Sherriff shut down every haunt for various reasons , real and imagined..THEN he opened up a haunt "Only One In town!"
It was built by their Fire Department with free-bees wheeddled out of every businessman, staffed mostly by jailbirds directly under the Sherrif's control and guess where a large portion of the gate went?
Must have vanished into the Sherriff's very pocket because a big chuck of it was never accounted for.
Kind of all tied up nice and neat, a personal corrupt, money-making machine.
Of course the convicts got no pay, and neither did the firemen.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: