HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
What music drives your haunt?

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
What music drives your haunt?
dover

Post What music drives your haunt? Reply with quote
What music do you listen to when you are building/planning your haunt? I'm not talking about the music you actually play in your line area or rooms (unless its the same thing), but more what music gets you in the haunted house/trail mood or mindset?

There is quite a few of us who listen to Rob Zombie, and personally I listen to alot of rock. We used to have whole rooms and areas themed off of ideas that I came up with while listening to Cradle of Filth, oldschool Offspring or Danzig. This year we're doing a cowboy room that was directly influenced by Knights of Cydonia by Muse and Sidewinder by Avenged Sevenfold. And the idea for the Wizard of Oz area we had a few years back came from listening to alot of Pink Floyd.

I even keep a mix disc in my car with music I can relate with my character. That disc has some NIN, Nirvana, Toadies, AFI, and others including Splatter by Deaf Pedestrians which I would consider to be the unofficial theme song of Dover the Clown. So what music inspires your character/haunt?
Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mudflapp

Post Reply with quote
Over here I got: Job for a cowboy, dying fetus, pig destroyer, suicide silence, and the top 25 best bluegrass songs of all time. It all fashioned mudflapp into the character he was last friday.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kevin Dells

Post Reply with quote
At our haunt while we build we have MP3 wars, the guys are always wanting the heavy stuff and the girls always want the country.

So i created a playlist for both and it switches back and forth from rock to country.

Bullet for my Valentine to Taylor Swift and so on. Don't tell the girls but i actually like Taylor the girls a knockout!

We have Avengerd Sevenfold touring through Greensboro in a few weeks, the guys all bought tickets and were leavin the girls at home! Ha Ha!

" When it comes to freaky people i win!"

Woods of Terror on Church Street
www.woodsofterror.com
Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mudflapp

Post Reply with quote
rob zombie and a chainsaw room go hand in hand. avenged sevenfold cancelled their show up here in moline and that made buckcherry the headliner. ocky. they sang crazy bi**h 20 times then called it a night.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kevin Dells

Post Reply with quote
Yeah Buckcherry and Shinedown are on the same bill, im not a big Buckcherry fan at all but the guy from Shinedowns got a killer set of lungs!

" When it comes to freaky people i win!"

Woods of Terror on Church Street
www.woodsofterror.com
Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:58 am View user's profile Send private message
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Moosic-a!?? Reply with quote
21 years ago when i first got my house I had So Much to do here there were many almost all-nighters and the music playing would be rock & roll Huey Lewis among others I can't remember right now.
If I working outside alot within a month's time I might spend one day listening to music, like Rammstein or Chuck Berry, BB King or my new find Go Gol Bordello a Gypsy-punk rock band with some very silly and musically silly hard-driving music, good to exercise to also. I love some of their whimsical lyrics and have listened to "Start Wearing Purple" So many times.
The song was written after the singer realised that as his girlfriend got goofier she began always wearing that color as did their apartment neighbor a crazy elderly woman!
"Start wearing purple, wearing purple, start wearing purple for me n o w !
Your sanity and wits they all will vanish, I promise, it's just a matter of time!"
The singer was also a main actor in the strange movie :"Everything Is Illuminated"
and all haunters will love the one song featuring numerous blood-curdling female screams, they are beauts!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: