HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
2007 Transworld Announcement

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Haunt Industry Conventions View previous topic
View next topic
2007 Transworld Announcement
Webmaster

Post 2007 Transworld Announcement Reply with quote
Passing along an important Transworld announcement...

Transworld Announcement from Bob & Beth Turner wrote:

Greetings Haunters!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Now is the time to be seriously thinking about making your plans to visit the largest and longest running Halloween Tradeshow in the country – The 12th National Haunt & Attractions Show produced by TransWorld Exhibits, Inc.. The 2007 show dates are: February 23 – 26, 2007 with the Thursday before (Feb. 22nd) offering some great pre-show activities as well. All the information including registration, hotels, tours, events, education, vendor info and more can be found at www.hauntshow.com

My wife and I were chosen again this year to head-up many of the tours, Haunt Pavilion activities and after-hour social events. We would like to personally invite you to not only come to the show but also partake in some of the outstanding activities, tours and events being offered this year including:

* PRE-SHOW – “Frozen Tundra Tour” – Bus tour to some of Wisconsin’s top haunts – visit www.HalloweenWisconsin.com for all the details.

* PRE-SHOW – “X-Treme Networking Course” – Crazy Bob’s latest development of educational activity covering serious business issues that effect haunt industry owners!

* EDUCATION – Friday and Saturday ala Carte educational seminars (You pick and choose from the great line-up of speakers and topics!)

* TOURS – This years tours include trips to: Medieval Times Dinner Theatre, Second City Comedy Theatre and a mysterious yet-to-be-named: Haunted Attraction Tour.

* PARTY - Halloween Party Extravaganza – You definitely do not want to miss the “Vampire Ball” scheduled for Saturday night at the Doubletree Hotel featuring an out of this world – “Cutting Edge” entertainment act plus the best DJ’s in the music business!

* HAUNT PAVILION Competitions and Exhibit Contests – Compete to win NATIONAL RECOGNITION AWARDS in several categories of make up competitions, a backdrop painting contest, enter your photo’s in 4 different categories, submit your marketing tools and your haunts t-shirts. All the details will be up on the www.hauntshow.com site very, very soon! Every Haunt is strongly encouraged to enter some or ALL of these competitions. Great prizes and beautiful awards will be given away for all activities!

Have a wonderful Holiday and treat you or the business to the perfect present of a nice trip package to the TWE show including signing up for many activities!

Happy Ho-Ho-Ho’s!

Crazy Bob and Beth Turner

Adam Drendel
Webmaster of HauntedIllinois.com
"The Internet's Only Exclusive Directory of Illinois Haunted Attractions"
Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:25 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kevin Dells

Post Re: 2007 Transworld Announcement Reply with quote
Webmaster wrote:
Passing along an important Transworld announcement...

Transworld Announcement from Bob & Beth Turner wrote:

Greetings Haunters!

Every Haunt is strongly encouraged to enter some or ALL of these competitions. Great prizes and beautiful awards will be given away for all activities!

Happy Ho-Ho-Ho’s!

Crazy Bob and Beth Turner

They Lie Like Dogs, they show you the prize and never give it to you,Reggies still waiting for her plaque from last year!!!

" When it comes to freaky people i win!"

Woods of Terror on Church Street
www.woodsofterror.com
Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
Ken Spriggs

Post HA Reply with quote
DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!!!

Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:03 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
WARDOG

Post Reply with quote
Thats one reason I wont enter these comps. at trade shows, I dont have to be given a prize for something I know how to do. If they want to see My makeup and the makeup crew I belong to and what we can do, they can see it and much more at Dream Reapers.

Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:45 am View user's profile Send private message
SavageSinister

Post Reply with quote
Guys - can you cite specific people/examples of Haunters Pavilion prizes that were never received? I do some work for TransWorld, so I might be able to get something done about it. At the very least, I'm sure the Head Honchos at TW would want to know about it...

Answer here or email me at savage@sinistervisions.com

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:14 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Webmaster

Post Reply with quote
I believe what they are talking about is the prize that the Rockford Screamfest group did not receive after the show. They participated in the Costume Creation Competition. Here are the results I pulled off of TransworldSocialEvents.com:

TransworldSocialEvents.com website wrote:

Costume Creation Competition: "Gruesome Goodwill Ghouls"
Sponsor: Gore Galore - www.gore-galore.com

1st Place: The Haunting of Elsinore - Charleston, IL - Scott & Tanya Kelley
2nd Place: Jaycees Haunted Hotel - Huntington, IN - Pam Yeater
3rd Place: Rockford Screamfest - Rockford, IL - Regina & Brooke Englehart, James Epperson
HONORARY ENTRY: Gore Galore - Did it just for the FUN of it!

In the end, the Screamfest group didn't get their prize. Sad

Adam Drendel
Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bob Turner

Post Reply with quote
Greetings All!
This is the first we were aware that someone did not receive an award from last years Haunter's Pavilion activities. We brought no plaques home with us and all were passed out to everyone who entered this competition to the best of our knowlege. We even believe we have a photograph of all the contestants receiving their awards and are checking the archives on this one. We would never intentially not give someone their award. We have the Rockford teams information from their registration from last year and will be contacting them off-list to try and resolve any issues they may have.
It was our first year of implementing such contests and competitions and we learned much from the experiences. We listened to your comments and suggestions, had many brain-storming sessions when developing the 2007 activities and anticipate the 2007 activities to run like a well-oiled machine. Please check out www.hauntshow.com (tours and events) for all of the exciting things planned to make things fun, competitive and give National Recognition to haunts all accross the Country!

We look forward to seeing one and all very soon!

Bob and Beth Turner

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:14 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Webmaster

Post Reply with quote
Passing along another important Transworld announcement...

Transworld Announcement from Bob Turner wrote:

Greetings Haunters!

Don’t miss your opportunity to participate in the 2nd Annual “NATIONAL HAUNT RECOGNITION AWARDS” at the 12th National Haunt & Attraction Show in Rosemont (Chicago), Il! Special edition plaques, ribbons, certificates and more will be awarded at the Haunt Pavilion this year. Check out the details, rules, fees and pre-register early and easily online at www.hauntshow.com (events).

NEW FOR THIS YEAR…
· NEW – Website Wars – Think your website has what it takes to win… see how it measures up to others entered in this National recognition contest.
· NEW – Transworld Official T-Shirt Design Competition – Are you an artist or graphic designer…create your best design and it may be chosen for this years shirts. Get recognized!

EXHIBIT CONTESTS – See what others across the country are doing…
· Haunt Photography – 4 great categories!
· Marketing Tools – 3 categories (Flyers, Tickets, Posters)
· T-Shirt War – Bring your haunt t-shirt from the 2006 season to be exhibited and judged.

MAIN EVENT COMPETITIONS INCLUDE…
· Friday: Scenic Backdrop Painting – Theme: “Doorway to Horror”
· Saturday: Makeup Competition – Speed Division – Theme: “Zombies”
· Saturday: Makeup Competition – Open Division – Be as creative as you can…open to newbies and professionals alike… bring it ON!

We are encouraging haunts and businesses to enter their marketing tools and/or sponsor their key staff and actors in these highly fun, competitive and rewarding contests and events! It could mean National recognition for your location and something you can put in your press packs when approaching key sponsors or impressing the media, etc…! Check out www.hauntshow.com for all the details and entry fees, etc.

You saw them last year, you heard about them last year…this year JOIN in the fun and exciting Haunt Competitions!

“Crazy Bob” Turner
Haunt Pavilion Coordinator and Host
bob@hauntshow.com

Adam Drendel
Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:15 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
Bob Turner wrote:
Greetings All!
This is the first we were aware that someone did not receive an award from last years Haunter's Pavilion activities. We brought no plaques home with us and all were passed out to everyone who entered this competition to the best of our knowlege. We even believe we have a photograph of all the contestants receiving their awards and are checking the archives on this one. We would never intentially not give someone their award. We have the Rockford teams information from their registration from last year and will be contacting them off-list to try and resolve any issues they may have.
It was our first year of implementing such contests and competitions and we learned much from the experiences. We listened to your comments and suggestions, had many brain-storming sessions when developing the 2007 activities and anticipate the 2007 activities to run like a well-oiled machine. Please check out www.hauntshow.com (tours and events) for all of the exciting things planned to make things fun, competitive and give National Recognition to haunts all accross the Country!

We look forward to seeing one and all very soon!

Bob and Beth Turner

I apologize for not answering your call yesterday (I don't answer numbers I don't know- one too many military recruiters have gotten my number). True to what Mr. Haunted Illinois and kevin Dells have said, our group never got our plaque. We left the show early last year to head back home, and were told that if we won our prize would me mailed to us. In the end we never got it.

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsey were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe!
Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bob Turner

Post Reply with quote
Reggie-
Thanks for the info and it is an unfortunate situation... but it sounds like someone has your plaque ... because we gave it and the costume to someone who said they were with your group and knew you left early and would see that you received it... after talking to my crew this is what I found out... sooooo for this year because of your unfortunate situation we will impliment a NEW policy... no awards will be given out to anyone other than the winners... unless we get an ID that matches their tradeshow badge as well as all their contact information and we may even go as far as to call the winner to verify the individual who is picking up the prize in their name...

Please do not let this experience deter you from entering any contests this year... we look forward to seeing you again in CHI... please stop by and say Hi to me and the HP crew while you are at the show... I cannot replace the placque... but, I just might have something for you...

Crazy Bob

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Webmaster

Post Another Press Release Reply with quote
Here is another Press Release from Crazy Bob Turner:

Press Release wrote:
Hey all,

My name is L. Dale Walter, and I am the director for Knights of Iron Stage
Combat Team. On Saturday, Feb 24, we will be performing our Netherworld:
Vampire Apocalypse show at the Halloween Extravaganza Vampire Ball, by very
special arrangement with TransWorld.

Simply put, the show flat out ROCKS. It features a live heavy metal band
onstage, and a plot that has a "good" female vampire, played by martial arts
sensation (and real hottie) Jordan Trovillian, battling evil Vampires in an
attempt to save an innocent girl from a gruesome fate. It doesn't look good
for the victim as she is chained to a 10 foot high St. Andrews cross and
tortured by a horrific vampire lord, played by 6 foot 7 inch monster Ken Ott
and his vampire minions. The battle rages "good versus evil" with
broadswords, katanas, a HUGE battle axe, and more, LIVE ONSTAGE to the
rocking soundtrack. Will good triumph? You will have to see the show to
find out...

Generally all of our shows play to huge festival type crowds, but TransWorld
has gone the extra mile to bring our show to all of you attending the
convention, and the Halloween Extravaganza party. You won't want to miss
it. This show does carry a STRONG "R" rating due to violence and sexuality.
You have been warned...

Please come by our booth in the Haunt Pavilion and meet Ken and Jordan, as
they will be on hand for pictures and to sign autographs from 12-2 PM on
Saturday the 24th. Plus check out some of the other shows we have done, and
talk to one of our representatives about how Knights of Iron can design a
show for your event.

For a preview, please go to our website at www.knightsofiron.com

We hope to see you there

L. Dale Walter
Director
Knights of Iron
www.knightsofiron.com

Knights of Iron are sponsored by Rico Jr. Guitars, and play them in
Netherworld: Vampire Apocalypse, because they demand the best!
www.ricojrguitars.com

Adam Drendel
Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:46 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
markspencer

Post Reply with quote
Thats one reason I wont enter these comps. at trade shows, I dont have to be given a prize for something I know how to do. If they want to see My makeup and the makeup crew I belong to and what we can do, they can see it and much more at Dream Reapers.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:54 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Haunt Industry Conventions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: