HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Transworld Show Split in 2009

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
Transworld Show Split in 2009
Webmaster

Post Transworld Show Split in 2009 Reply with quote
Just released by Transworld Exhibits, Inc. In 2009, the Transworld Convention will be split. The wholesale Halloween, Costume & Party Show will be in Las Vegas, while they are moving the Haunt & Attractions Show to St. Louis, MO.

This is no joke, folks! They changed their mind AGAIN!!! Click on the pictures below to see screen shots of the TW sites and read the official press release below the picts.

Transworld Exhibits Inc Press Release wrote:

For Immediate Release - July 1, 2008

TransWorld Exhibits, Inc. Moves 14th National Haunt & Attractions Show
to the America’s Center in St. Louis
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Venue Selected in Response to Growth of Haunt Industry

(Northfield, IL) – In an exciting move, TransWorld Exhibits, Inc. announced its decision to move the 14th National Haunt & Attractions Show (HauntShow) to St. Louis, Missouri, at the America’s Center, March 27 – 29, 2009.

Previously held in conjunction with TransWorld’s International Halloween, Costume & Party Show (HCPShow), the HauntShow will stand on its own in St. Louis, Missouri, giving the buyers and vendors of the Haunt community convenient access to the industry’s #1 trade show in a business environment created just for them.

“After extensive market research and input from vendors and buyers alike, we decided to spin-off the 14th National Haunt & Attractions Show and have it stand alone in a Midwest location that is central to the greatest number of participants in this industry,” said Joe Thaler, chairman and chief executive officer of TransWorld Exhibits, Inc., owner of the show. “The Haunt industry continues to grow with advances in special effects, animatronics, sound & lighting, and props. More and more, these products are used in venues on a year-round basis whether it is in a theme park, theatrical production or a haunted house. This growth within the industry demands a stand-alone trade show dedicated solely to the Haunt industry,” Thaler continued. “St. Louis is the perfect gateway to a marketplace where the Haunt community can come together.”

The complete schedule of activities for the 14th National Haunt & Attractions Show in St. Louis will be announced in the coming weeks. Highlights of the show will include:

• New product introductions from the industry’s leading companies
• Extensive seminar programming
• Networking events and competitions
• Special events and tours, and much more

The TransWorld International Halloween, Costume & Party Show will continue to host a Haunt Pavilion as Haunt products are also fundamental to the celebration of the Halloween season and the buyer of Halloween and seasonal merchandise. The HCPShow will take place March 6 – 9, 2009 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas.

Special exhibit packages are available for exhibitors that wish to participate in both the St. Louis and Las Vegas events.

For more than 60 years, TransWorld Exhibits has been a leading producer of independent trade shows. The business, which had its roots in the housewares and consumer electronics industry, has over the years expanded its offerings to include general merchandise, Halloween merchandise, giftware, seasonal items, luxury merchandise, jewelry, fashion and accessories. The firm runs trade shows in Chicago, Las Vegas, and St. Louis.

For more information on attending or exhibiting, please call 800-323-5462 or 847-446-8434 for international calls. Information is also available at www.hauntshow.com and www.hcpshow.com .

Adam Drendel
Webmaster of HauntedIllinois.com
"The Internet's Only Exclusive Directory of Illinois Haunted Attractions"
Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LordOfGotham

Post Reply with quote
I guess it shows that their "extensive market research" and input from vendors and buyers (judging from the responses here, it was both vocal and insistent) indicated that Las Vegas was anything but "convenient access" or a tailored "business environment".

St. Louis is certainly central for the bulk of haunts in the country, and TransWorld still seeks to milk the cow as much as possible by keeping a Haunt Pavillion to court West Coast buyers.

Will the vendors have the resources to work both shows, or rather than risk the expense before seeing Vegas attendance/order figures will we see a split: smaller West Coast vendors and buyers only populating the Vegas Pavillion, everyone else concentrating on St.Louis or MHC?

Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:03 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Demon22

Post Reply with quote
We'll see how this works out. I really don't see each event attracting as much attention on its own as when they were together. At least St. Louis is a stones throw away.

This flip-flopping though is kind of a joke for a major organized event like TW.
Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:33 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hallowtim

Post Reply with quote
Shocked Mad Evil or Very Mad

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:30 am View user's profile Send private message
Hallowtim

Post Reply with quote
Ok, what is silly about this is, now we have two shows to go to. Costing us twice the money as it would of before. Not only do we have to go to Vegas, but we have to go to St. Louis.

Regardless if you drive to St. Louis, or stay there for the entire show......I am sure gas by that time will be $6 a gallon!!

I think Transworld has made another moronic decision. (Hope that was ok to say, as I don't want to get in trouble with the mods here..... ).

I am not sure where these companies get their leadership from.....but companies like Transworld, eBay and some others.....sure haven't been looking out for their customers.....

SIGH!!!

Rant, pout....cry..... Crying or Very sad

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:01 am View user's profile Send private message
propboy

Post Reply with quote
one think that I"m happy about is that MHC is in my home town. YA!!!!!!!!! time to schedule off of work for those days.

-PB

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LordOfGotham

Post Reply with quote
A prop a day, keeps the Grim Reaper AWAY!!

propboy, do you really keep Grim away, or do you mean:

A prop a day, keeps the Grim Reaper AT PLAY!!

you know how Grim loves those wonderful toys...

Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
The good news is that HauntCon is in Milwaukee this year (a much more manageable stone's throw), which allows us to visit a show that usually costs a great deal (travel expenses) for much less, and actually see a show (looks in the directions of the now vacant Rosemont).

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsey were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe!
Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:03 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lite_2

Post Reply with quote
Hauntcon in Milwakee
Does anyone know the dates?
Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
Webmaster

Post Reply with quote
April 30th - May 4th, 2009
Wyndham Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Convention Center
4747 South Howell Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53207

http://www.hauntcon.com/

Adam Drendel
Webmaster of HauntedIllinois.com
"The Internet's Only Exclusive Directory of Illinois Haunted Attractions"
Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mudflapp

Post Reply with quote
sounds super hopefully the wallet will grant me to go on up there. the seminars a pretty good at hauntcon. oh and im an avid supporter miller high life. so it would be worth the trip.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: