HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Seen some ghost before?

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Your Supernatural Experiences View previous topic
View next topic
Seen some ghost before?

Ever had a ghostly experience?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

The Wicker Man

Post Seen some ghost before? Reply with quote
Anyone seen ghosts? Are they real or fiction?
Thu May 05, 2011 8:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
MystMoonstruck

Post Reply with quote
My sister saw an apparition a number of times in our house, each time at the entrance to the hallway to our bedrooms. Generally, it was when she was up late at night studying. A couple of times, she caught movement in the corner of her eye and turned to see a girl she at first would believe was me, yet she knew I didn't own a white, old-fashioned nightgown like that. She said the girl had long, wavy, chestnut/reddish hair and was very fair. When she would get up from the dining room table, where she was studying, she would find nothing in the hallway.

Years ago, we had a poodle who would stand at the hallway entrance and bark down the hallway but only at night. My dad said, "There must be some sort of reflection." No matter what angle he checked from, he never saw what it was that might cause this otherwise quiet dog to bark. She would do it for a brief time then stop, sometimes skipping nights.

Also, years later, we had a ginger-and-white cat who would go partway down the hall then sit on the floor and stare up at the wall close to my parents' bedroom. Occasionally, he would rise up onto his hind legs then suddenly leap up onto the wall, hitting the same spot each time. Then, he would go back to looking at the wall. This happened fairly often. Even now, one of the cats occasionally will behave the same way: sitting and staring then leaping up to hit the wall.

Oddly, less than a foot away to the right is the hall closet; if you open the door and stand in the center of the entrance, the floor is icy cold. Yet, it's just across the hall from the furnace.

There are other occurrences I could write about and plan to, perhaps on the ghost stories thread.

While I myself haven't seen an apparition, my father, a disbeliever, reluctantly admitted something that happened to him when he came back to his hometown after getting out of the service. He could not explain it away.

My experiences with a haunting were mainly sounds (footsteps and doors opening and closing) but included a TV set in the basement being switched on and the volume turned up~when no one was on the first floor, where the family lived. I was on the second floor, renting a room as a college student. How I wish that I had recorded details as they occurred! The sounds, which I never mentioned, ended up frightening away two students who rented the room across the hall; one fled the place, then they rented it again, and the other girl quickly became too frightened to stay. I was there at least 1 1/2 years.

Perhaps I can add more later.

Deserts of vast eternity.
The grave's a fine and private place,
But none, I think, do there embrace.
Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:30 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Your Supernatural Experiences All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: