HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The Ablee House

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Urban Legends View previous topic
View next topic
The Ablee House
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post The Ablee House Reply with quote
140? years ago two people in this family were mysteriously shot to death by an unknown gun man as they simply stood outside of their house.
The house is an 1850, brick farmhouse in a lonely valley just a few miles from a town. The lane to the house is long, and dark at night passing through a wooded area, the owners live a 100 miles away , last I heard.
This is one of those places where bored yet adventurous teenagers seek at night , try to find the place just to say they have "been there". Of course the owners try to keep their property protected and secure so people are risking arrest to prove to their friends how "brave" they were.
One car load had their car's electrical system act very strangely as they were almost down the lane and were getting more frightened until their car decided to act normal again, or so their story went as told to me a few years ago..
22 years ago two businessmen were about to buy the house and make it into a tourist destination/bar.
Since they met me and knew I was doing a "Haunted House" here, they asked if I would do some work for them at this place if and when they assumed ownership.
My advice to them was "forget it!"
22 years ago I discovered how trully afraid the majority of the people can be when faced with the unknown situation of haunted entertainment.
As I pointed out to them, "I have enough trouble talking people into seeing my house and I'm right in downtown Mount Carroll, how would you get people 4 miles out into the middle of absolutely "nowhere" to a house where people were actually murdered?"
They thought they would be getting an old school bus and bring busloads out from that town....
most adults really don't like riding school busses anymore.
None of it ever happened.
I had a $400.oo business deal with the one guy and he never paid me after I built a fancy sign for him with a monkey riding an old fashioned bike while blowing a trumpet, so I sold it to someone else.
It cost me money to meet that guy.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Urban Legends All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: