HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Two Men Vanish.

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Urban Legends View previous topic
View next topic
Two Men Vanish.
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Two Men Vanish. Reply with quote
There were two eldely men, both retired who hung around together, mostly went to auctions for something to do.
They were always using the one's car a brand new looking older Chevy four door.
One day the one man told his daughter that the two guys had an appointment with a person she had never heard of before to discuss some business proposition?
These two men and the like new old Chevy were never seen or found again.
The name of the man who they had the appointment with could not be found in any phone book, he seemed to not exist.
35 year later, this is still all unsolved. A true northern Illinois mystery.
But then...a man living in this town murdered his business partner in cold blood, premeditated trying to cash in on a "Key Man" insurance policy to the tune of something like $500,000.
It all hit the fan only moments later when his unwilling, unbelieving accomplice turned state's evidence and testified against him.
As the State Police searched the killer's house and property they decided to explore an old dry well inside of the killer's 150 year old garage.
They found a wallet with a phoney I.D. that just so happened to be using the same name as the name of the man the two eldely gentlemen were to have been meeting about some business dealings!
The murderer's secretary he had when he lived in the Chicago area had also been murdered and the case never solved.
I think we had a psycho-serial killer living right here in this quiet little town.

The convicted man is dead now, he died in prison. Everytime he came eligible for parole the widow of his business partner /victim would speak at the hearing and he never got out again. When her husband was killed she was already pregnant, her son never got a chance to ever meet his Father.
None of this is fiction.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:12 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Horror Flicks

Post Reply with quote
Dang! That's very sad to hear that So never got a chance to see his own father.

But that's good old news, anyways. Sad
Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Reply with quote
My former Father-In-Law had been the unwilling, unbelieving co-conspiritor. the killer was a person you went to college with (1950), lived across the street from thier parents for years, they treated your kids and Wife like they were your own relatives, gives you a good job when you were down and out with nothing...then tells you',"We are going to kill that SOB partner of mine!"
"?"
Would you allow yourself to believe it was actually going to happen?
I was never told this next thing it's just my educated guess and knowing the killer was a psycho capable of doing anything but I believe my weak-willed ex father-in-law was going to be shot by the killer and left set up as the then dead killer himself.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Urban Legends All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: