HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
A Rural Ruin With A History

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places View previous topic
View next topic
A Rural Ruin With A History
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post A Rural Ruin With A History Reply with quote
When I lived north of Mount Carroll in a farmhouse I noticed some kind of a structure due north in a small valley, it might have once been a house?
There was no access road or lane to it?
I asked around and was told at one time it had been a going dairy farm (no barn now) The farmer decided to kill himself he hung himself by tieing the rope to the door handle of the milking parlor door then he threw the rope over the door and hung himself on the other side of the door. (I think I saw his picture in the Co. Sherriff's "deaths" album?)
Some time passed.
The milk truck driver arrived one grey day to pick up their cow's product and as he walked across the barnyard the ghost of the dead-suicide farmer calmly walked out of the barn towards him then vanished into thin air as they would have collided otherwise!
It was not long before the family left the farm, it just rotted down into the earth, totally gonne now in 2009.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:42 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: