HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The school of 100 tunnels

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Urban Legends View previous topic
View next topic
The school of 100 tunnels
Kryptmaster

Post The school of 100 tunnels Reply with quote
I cant really say that this is an urban legend, but the school I went to had a large basement. No one was allowed in there and if you were caught, you were immediatly suspended. Everyone wanted to know what was down there.

I checked, and then got caught. Because \I was a huge athlete, I only got a warning, but I saw a door that had huge bolts in it. Some kids said that their parents went down there and opened it up and there were so many tunnels-like a hundred of them. it was also said that each tunnel runs to different locations around the town. I also heard that the tunnels were used for a cult that needed to get to locations fast, and had certain chambers where they practiced in these tunnels. I always wanted to know this, and to this day, no one knows for sure. Maybe if I win the lotto, ill become a custodian, check it out, and then quit. Ha, theres no way im cleaning shit up for the rest of my life!

But yeah, thats basically it.

"You want a scare? I'll take you there!"- My website quote.

Derrik "Kryptmaster" Johnson
Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
SsSaYeSsS

Post Reply with quote
YEAH my school too. . . and I got away with just a warning because I gave my principle a bj

Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:18 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ApathyNow

Post Reply with quote
Actually, thjere might just be a tunnel system running underground there,Probably not for a cult, but for millitary purposes...

In Addison, IL, there is an extensive tunnelsystem that has its main core at the Nike missle silos(now it is covered by Nike park, right next to the UPS shipping plant in Addison).The government built hundreds of the systems all over the place in case of a nuclear attack. Entrances for these systems were usally in public buildings, like schools(as you said), town halls and parks.

Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
Here in Rockford, there was a Central High, but when WW2 ran around, it was demolished and two new schools- East and West- were built. Underneath of East and running through the park and wood across the street there are a set of tunnels that were supposed to be used as bomb shelters.

My old middle school, Lincoln, has secret bedrooms and everything (along with bomb shelters) hidden in the school. During the 75th Anniversary there were student guided tours to show you where the rooms were and such.

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsey were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe!
Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SsSaYeSsS

Post Reply with quote
In my Industrial Park . . where I work. . . there's alot of things. . .

Like a bunch of railroad tracks that go nowhere and aren't used. . . there's only one track leading outside and for no reason the signal goes off and then everyone is all like. . . Oh is there a train we're stopping at the tracks and going over and blah. .. and then alot of people die. . . Like at the burger king not too long ago. . . And then the cops tell me all the stories from recent years. . . Like the man feeding the coyotes (he said raccons and cats) large pieces of human flesh, and how the big bones are left everywhere. . . and then this guy hacked up his mother and tried to rid her in a dumpster behind his warehouse. . . blah blah a bunch of stupid. . . And then there is. . . HUNTERS! YEA!

This has nothing to do with anything. . . My elementary school had a basement, with trap doors in the floors of the cafeterias to get in. . . The school was torn down and then totally rebuilt because of asbestos. . .
My Junior high got a bunch of additions after I left, there was the mirrors that every girl would stop at and do funny things too because they thought they looked good. . . girls stuffing thier bras and then the stupid rumor of the 666 locker. . .. . . and my highschool too. . . now they got a pool, bigger and better artsy rooms and a new full size science and math wing. . .oooooo . . . Never heard any stories, except for the elevator pass and pool is on the third floor. . . I bunch of drunk drivers died near the school, but nea. . . some people died at the public outdoor pools near by that's now being refurbished and such. . .
The athletic fields used to be a farm with a lot of horses and the owners would ride thier horses across the street to dairy queen. . .
THe farm museum has got refurbed, but the chicken coop still smells like chicken poopie. . .
Alot of people drown in busse woods. . . especially foreign immigrants. Some old lady drowned at my friends old apartment.
This house around my uncles has a room that you can only get to from outside and it has wierd noises. . . Someone I know lives in the house on Brantwood that this girl and her boyfriend slaughtered her family in. . . Why do I blabber on, my town is boring and has got nothing. . . oh well.

Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:09 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kryptmaster

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, I know Lincoln High School. I would've gone to Flynn Middle School, considering I lived 5 feet away from it. If you go towards the Flynn middle school on Harrison, there is a black and white house surrounded by apartments. That house used to be ours and used to be gorgeous. Now white trash lives there and it looks like shit.

So, my family got out of Rockford for many reasons (our side of the city was complete crap turning into bigger shit), and we moved to Brodhead.

"You want a scare? I'll take you there!"- My website quote.

Derrik "Kryptmaster" Johnson
Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:17 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
VexD

Post Reply with quote
SsSaYeSsS wrote:
YEAH my school too. . . and I got away with just a warning because I gave my principle a bj

I bet he gave you herpies .. Wink
Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:04 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
erasokamotesk

Post Reply with quote
totally agreed with you

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:55 am View user's profile Send private message
b45r

Post Reply with quote
woodstock high also has the undergroud tunnels that lead to the old courthouse on the square(which is now a restaurant) and the tunnels are still very well kept up from what i hear.
Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post A news flash for everybody! Reply with quote
Aren't tunnels always underground? We don't have any underwater tunnels around here do we?
There are some tunnels in the small town of Polo, Ill. I was told and also in the small town of Lena, Ill. they were used for wintertime , making it easier to go from one house or building to the next one. I think the ones in Polo were made because a family owned two houses next to each other. In Savanna, Ill. there is a very short tunnel connecting two houses that made for quick get aways when the Police cracked down on the brothel located in the one house, although possibly the cracks they found were not necesarrilly in a down position? (They may have been moving rather violently!)

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Alu_Rathbone

Post Reply with quote
I know I'm resurrecting this form the dead... but this site needs to be more active anyways! haha...

I went to Elmwood Park High School... and under the stage was the dressing room... one of the few area's you never want to be alone... Theres something down there that makes the room breath... lol... but anyways... theres a hall with several doors. the Hall leads to a door that leads outside and up a set of stairs... I know that one of the other doors in that hall has the boilers and what not... but the doors on the other side are dead bolted and don't look like they have been open since the late 60's if not longer. My mom, who went to the same school, said that she thinks it leads to one of the old bomb shelters that supposedly covers the entire area of the high school. This is not the only place that has something like this set up! So does the middle school and both elementary schools. And rumor has it that there is a tunnel system from the high school to the middle school to the 1st elementary school and to the second elementary school. But then again, thats a rumor!
Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:43 am View user's profile Send private message
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post And then last night! Reply with quote
A woman & her man came here to the Ravens Grin and began telling me about a small-town haunt that she once worked in:"The whole town has tunnels running in a maze under everything! They don't let people go down there because you could get lost and die down there !" (Starve?")
These maze/tunnels might be old mine works?
The town is named "Fairberry", southern end of this state.
No, Sherriff Andy Taylor was in "Mayberry".
The haunt was allowed to use a small portion of the tunnels .
She also said she doesn't react to fear or people trying to scare her.
At the end of their house tour here she admitted that this was the only haunted house that had ever scared her.
Counting all the times that she swore quickly and all those times she screamed out and jumped...I might have "got her" 20 to 25 times.
She got a very typical tour of my house, nothing "special" or anything.
How about that?
hahahahahaha!

Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:53 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HurricaneMatt

Post Reply with quote
Hubble middle school in Wheaton Illinois, Whcih from last I heard is going to be torn down. It used to be Wheaton Central high school back many years ago. Needless to say the play is huge and creepy. When I went to middle school there we always heard about the tunnels underneath the school. We never knew what to believe about them. On of my friends fathers work with the City with safety on some aspect. He was led down there with the head janitor of the school and a few other city employees. He said it was the creepiest thing he has ever seen. The doors were huge and steel. You would hear every noise imaginable. You would feel someon touching you and no one was.
Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post So while... Reply with quote
The towns and cities mentioned here about possibly having extensive tunnel systems to hide & protect the children were financially able to turn over so much ground to construct such elaborate and expensive complexes, out here they did nothing.
Maybe they were already following the Ronald Regan policy of telling people to just "Dig a hole, lay old doors and wood over the hole, recover it with the dug dirt." Anybody else remember that?

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:33 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Urban Legends All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: