HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
haunted house prices
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
haunted house prices
thecurse

Post haunted house prices Reply with quote
is anyone else annoyed that the average ticket is below $15 and so far almost everyone that ive seen this year is over $20? i go to about 10-15 houses a year, but this is getting out of hand i think. the local corn maze here is $25, and some new one in joliet is $28....not a chance ill be going to that one.
Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Freak Show

Post Reply with quote
Good question. I, personally would choose at least $10 or more. Cheaper under $8.00 is not really worth. Confused

Prepare for death and follow me.
Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mistress

Post Reply with quote
$25 for a corn maze?! That is nuts!
I understand that haunts have a lot of overhead - but geez! you guys are sure making it hard to check out as many as I used to.
As you can tell, I'm annoyed with pricing myself!
This year, I'm skipping the traditional bigger haunts I frequent and instead will be checking out some other little haunts.
Found one last year out by Byron that was killer - and under $10 too! Was simply a trail...but the amount of effort they put into it...well, it was the best time I had at a haunt in a long while.

To me, that's what a haunt is all about. Now don't get me wrong, I love the eye candy that the big haunts deliver...but it just seems like most of these larger haunts keep the same o' same o'...some minor tweaks here and there...but nothing to throw you off guard.
Then increase the price by oh about $10.00.
If you're going to hit patrons with some major $$, then give them something that is worth the time and money.
Now...I would like to mention that I have not been to any this season just yet (will start this weekend - yay!)...but just observations from over the last few years. I love checking out as many haunts as possible each season...simply can't afford to anymore...so I'll just pick and choose...kinda switch it up with unfamiliar territory this year.
But that $28.00 for a corn maze is just absolute proof that things are getting absolutely out of control on pricing! How can parents afford to take their family to that?!
Shocked
Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lite_2

Post Reply with quote
Not all houses under $10.00 are bad.
2007, 2008, 2009, haunted Illinois favorite H.H.
Mazon Dungeon Of terror Price $8.00
Check it out before you say all are bad or not worth it
Even when Adam came down for a visit he said it was well worth the bang for the buck
Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Freak Show

Post Reply with quote
lite_2 wrote:
Even when Adam came down for a visit he said it was well worth the bang for the buck

Over $8.00 is good, but not bad. Wink

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
lite_2

Post Reply with quote
Freak Show
You do a lot talking on here, weather you know anythimg about what your talking about?????
We do not know where you are from, if it is Illinois, a trip to MAZON should be on your route
If you do not like my $8.00 House you will be refunded.
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Freak Show

Post Reply with quote
lite_2 wrote:
Freak Show
You do a lot talking on here, weather you know anythimg about what your talking about?????
We do not know where you are from, if it is Illinois, a trip to MAZON should be on your route
If you do not like my $8.00 House you will be refunded.

Laughing Of course, I'd like to have my $8.00 refund back from you!!! Twisted Evil

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
lite_2

Post Reply with quote
OK !!!! Let us all see if you are all talk!!!
We will be waiting
Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
markspencer

Post Reply with quote

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:56 am View user's profile Send private message
SickOtheClown

Post Reply with quote
Yeah prices have gotten out of hand I think the most that any haunt should ever charge is 20, and that's only if they give you at least 45 mins of top quality entertainment. I've also seen haunts that put all of their effort it seems into making the tour longer, but focusing less on quality of the show. Quality beats quantity any day. I once went to one where I paid 20 bucks and it took over 40 mins to walk through it, but it was severely understaffed, barely any scene decor whatsoever, and lots of dead areas with not even so much as a prop or spooky soundtrack. And this was a well hyped and popular haunt too! Our haunt I know will be considerably shorter than that, maybe about a 10-12 minute walk through, but we will be putting so much effort into decor and quality and staffing. And we will be charging 10 bucks a head

Dark Summit Haunt
Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
thecurse

Post Reply with quote
so i see, Creepy Hallow in Frankfort (or is that Mokena there) has raised their price to $30? Good seeing you guys last year but not a chance ill be back for $30. I get more and more annoyed seeing how high these prices are getting.
Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
thecurse

Post Reply with quote
well, just noticed The Abyss has raised it to $25. I didnt make it there last year, which i regret, but the year before it was only $15. $10 in two years? i better see some stellar reviews before i journey back to Joliet.
Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Webmaster

Post Reply with quote
It's a sad state of affairs. From 2010 to 2011, the number of events charging $20+ more than doubled (Source: HauntedIllinois.com Event Directory). Unfortunately, in most cases, we have found that the quality and/or overall entertainment value of these events has not increased... only the price. With the ever-growing popularity of Halloween, I think a number of attraction owners are just trying to make a quick buck. How sad.

Here are some recent price increases:

Fear City: was $25, now $35 (same building, same sq footage)
Asylum Xperiment: was $20, now $25 (added significant sq footage)
Abyss: was $17, now $25
The Massacre: was $20, now $23 (same building, same sq footage)
Nightmares Basement of the Dead: was $15, now $18 (same building, sq footage and same scenes)

And those are just a few, off the top of my head.

Adam Drendel
Webmaster of HauntedIllinois.com
"The Internet's Only Exclusive Directory of Illinois Haunted Attractions"
Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
thecurse

Post Reply with quote
yeah, im now looking at all of the smaller haunts and going to them mostly this year. $15 and under seems good to me. i really did like the abyss when i was there, so i was looking forward to that this year, but a 45 minute car ride and 2 tickets that is close to $75 just for one night.
Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mudflapp

Post Reply with quote
Asylum of Mad Dreams in Cordova Illinois offers at least 50 mins for 15.00 with a 2.00 off coupon easily found at any gas station near the Haunt. Oh and an offroad bus ride though the woods.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Webmaster

Post Reply with quote
When I went through the Asylum of Mad Dreams in 2010, it only took me 26 minutes to get through. You guys must have added a lot to the haunt since then, to get it up to 50 minutes. You guys provided great entertainment value and a reasonable price.

Adam Drendel
Webmaster of HauntedIllinois.com
"The Internet's Only Exclusive Directory of Illinois Haunted Attractions"
Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mudflapp

Post Reply with quote
Yes theres been some additions. Expansions here and there. Plenty of room out here.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:37 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
BIGGUN

Post Reply with quote
LOL! $35 for Fear City!?!? AFfter the garbage they put out last year!! FORGET IT! You'd have to be insane to pay that for a haunt. Even though some of these have have many adults that go to them, there are an awful lot of kids/teens that visit these haunts and arent going to cough up $35. The excuse will be that they added Hades. BIG DEAL! As pointed out, the house is the same sq footage. The real reason is they lost their behinds last year, and are trying to recoup their losses quicker!
Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:44 am View user's profile Send private message
thecurse

Post Reply with quote
well just noticed a few other haunts ive been going to have raised their prices as well. $7-12 each.

see ya, you just lost yourself some more customers.
Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:36 am View user's profile Send private message
Clowner864

Post Prices Reply with quote
We raised ours to 20 this year for 4 different attractions plus the museum. We are a non profit with most of the money going to programs in the community to help the youths in the area and as such we have mostly kids working for us so we have customers vote on which scene scared them the most and then at the cast party we reward the kids in our program with cash prizes these kids work their butts off each year to do this attraction. We don't have alot of money to spend on fancy props and costumes but we will scare you.

Mike Brown
Forest City Fright Night
Forest City, Illinois

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:35 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: