HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reapers Relm

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
Reapers Relm
thecurse

Post Reapers Relm Reply with quote
I know its not in IL but since its so close and i know tons of us go there ill do my annual little review.

Well, as usual you can see it from the Highway, the house is huge and the carnival rides are noticeable for miles. I bought the deal from amazon local for $30, 2 tickets, all three attractions, fast pass, and a carnival ride, well well well worth the deal! It was packed this night (saturday before halloween). In my opinion they crammed way too many people in the rules room, had to be at least 10 of us, and they were racing people through it, it seemed. With that being said the patron flow was HORRIBLE!!!!! with at least 8 people in front of us, the next group behind us caught up to us within a minute it seemed. So, we stood back and let them all pass so we could go alone. Another 2 minutes there they were again ugh. We stood back again and waited enough and went along, this time we never caught them again, but another group caught up to us, but it was fine because we were first. Now the house and actors once again are top notch, really impressive with some of these actors. The black guy in the white jail cell room was awesome, full of energy and it was 1130 at night already. But really eveyone in the house was good, i liked everything about it. At the end was a dark maze. It was pitch black, super intense. The only bad part was the other 25 people in there feeling around touching random body parts. But still really good. It really does take a bit to figure out whats going on. It was my favorite part of the night.
Now the "dark zone" last year it was DARK.,.,...i mean DARK and it was awesome!!! This year it wasnt dark at all, i didnt turn the flashlight on once. Really bummed about this. It was basically the same as last year just much more light, what a let down. The Scream guy , and the guy standing up high on the middle bench with the white mask were both fantastic.

And the woods......captian spaulding was horrible, been this way for about 3 years now i think? Not nearly enough actors in the woods. The same BIG dude sitting on a stump saying i had a pretty mouth same shtick i heard last year. Please do something different in the woods. Last year it was fun, now blah. The corn maze is always fun, but there were guys with flash lights in there telling me where to go. Um.....i paid to get lost and get scared, not to be told where to go, horrible. But still tricky to figure out.

Reapers Relm has always been my favorite haunt, the location is great for me, the house is creepy looking, the funnel cakes are tasty and it takes a good hour....hour 20 to do all three. Id come here every weekend if i could, even though i think they took a step back this year its still one of the best in the Chicagoland area.

p.s. actors checking their cell phones is getting kind of on my nerves, i saw three actors checking theirs even as we walked by...one tried to hide it and still scream at us but it was too late. Oh and the slide has to go.....everyone hates the slide. We can walk down stairs, so please get rid of the slide. We dread this this thing every year. I really want to bring my parents here and they wont because of the slide, youre losing customers because of it.
Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Webmaster

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed review!

Adam Drendel
Webmaster of HauntedIllinois.com
"The Internet's Only Exclusive Directory of Illinois Haunted Attractions"
Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:38 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
thecurse

Post Reply with quote
No Problem. Im sure ill be there again in a week or 2, they open late this year for some reason. Ill post another.
Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: