HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Real hauntings in a haunted house?

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Your Supernatural Experiences View previous topic
View next topic
Real hauntings in a haunted house?
Ken

Post Real hauntings in a haunted house? Reply with quote
Ask the folks at Dream Reapers if the mall was haunted!!

They will say yes--the dollar store that now uses the space--wishes that they were on better terms with them too.
Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:51 pm
BADOMENFX

Post Reply with quote
Hell Yeah!!!!!! that place was haunted,there are even a few of us that has video footage of the REAL spirits that lurked in the halls and dark rooms of the old place.And not fuzzy hard to see, It's clear as day what is caught on film. Shocked

Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gatekeeper7

Post Reply with quote
Ken and BADOMENFX are not imagining things.

The proporty that the old Dream Reapers was on, 1901 to 1999 w North ave, Melrose Park, IL, used to be owned by International Harvester. Their manufacturing plants sat on the land boardered by Manhiem Rd. to the west, Cornell St. to the east, North Ave. to the south and Armitage to the north.

I was a telephone company employee in the early 1970s who was assigned to work in that complex of buildings.

Now I can tell you this, the engine parts storage building was located direcctly where the strip-mall is today. What's really freaky is that D.R at it's old location is right where the sub-level corridors where, mini-railroad cars shutelled parts between buildings.

The word among Harvester workers in that building was that it was haunted by an employee who was crushed to death in an accident in the sub-level railway. The story dates back to the early 1950s.

Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
Kinky.

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsey were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe!
Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ken Spriggs

Post all Reply with quote
All I know is that there were 4 of them.
I miss 3 of them.

It is kind of funny to aske the folks at the Dollar store if they have seen or heard anything STRANGE. Their eyes get really big and they say "like what" you make a few referances and they start getting all wiggy.

Hmm I guess they have seen them too.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:02 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BADOMENFX

Post Reply with quote
There was a few times this past season that I wondered,"did something follow to the new place."

Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:44 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gatekeeper7

Post Reply with quote
Hey Ken & Jay,

After posting my first time on this, my old memory had not quite kicked in.

What I rememberd after-words might prove a bit more.

The 1950s death was the first one, there were two others that I became aware of while working the phone gig there.

One in the late 1970s, an overhead crane accident in a building that was located closer to Cornell st. than Manhiem Rd.

It's the third one that was the wierdest, somewhere around 1980.

A night janitor, who's name I think was Henry, don't know if that was his first or last name.

The guy was working the last shift on the last night of plant opporation, just before the Christmas, New year two week shut-down.

From what I can remember in the details is this.

He was found dead when the plant re-opened in January.

He was found in the sub-level railway tunnle, under several hundrads of pounds of diesle engine pistons, that were created and stored on shelving units.

His cause of death was not being crushed, he suffokated from the wieght of the created pistons on top of his body.

Why no one reported him missing, why there seemed be no one aware of his not punching the time clock was never answered, not to me anyway.

You don't have to buy into this, but I have no reason to make it up. Hell I have been trying to dig up old news stories about it for two days now. No luck though, the Tribune archives only go back to 1986. I've even e-mailed Highbeam research to see if they could come-up with an old news release. Nothing yet...

But you know what, this isn't a goast story I'm writing about, it's only about some tragic accidents that took place a long time ago.

It's curious though, how close the events were in proximity to DRs

Mike Coconate

Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Gatekeeper7

Post Reply with quote
Shit guys my memory is really sliping. the shootings, remember back in the late 1990s. Some employee walks into the building right accross the street from the new DR location, and opens fire on his boss and some co-workers, killed like 5 or 6 people. T.V. news carried it as a live event on WGN 9 just after in happened.

WOW Gents, the more I think about that property, it's one hell of a violent parcel of land.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
BADOMENFX

Post Reply with quote
Sure makes ya think, thats for sure!the thing that sucked at the old haunt was ,you had to go all the way in the back to turn off the lights and power,then make your way to the front to get out,chills down the spine! Shocked but yeah keep digging see what else you find.

Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:46 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ken Spriggs

Post yes Reply with quote
An ex employee went on a shooting spree killing 6-8 people.
We were already in the building when that happened.
So it's not them.

The people we had come out to find out what they were, claimed:

1-girl
1-boy
both little kids
1- older lady --watching the kids (we think she came in on old furniture)
1-mean old something

They got rid of the mean old something--that same night the chill left that section of the haunted house.

Anybody remember how cold the exit to the forest always was---the last halloween we ran on Mannhiem--it wasn't cold anymore!!!!

I do miss the weird stuff----things blocking your lights--when there wasn't anything there--doors opening--stuff falling--

Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cpt Satan

Post Reply with quote
(holding a flashlight up under my face)
...and then there was the one where the couple parked in the back and they heard scraping on the door and took of because they were soooo scared and when they got home all they found was Steve's members only jacket in the door.
OH MY GAWD !
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!
(PSYCHO MUSIC)
Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Ken Spriggs

Post hmm Reply with quote
Did they check and see if he was pissing in their gas tank before they pulled away?

Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Steve Verdino

Post Reply with quote
Of course I was...

I wisped.. leaded or unleaded?

www.hauntedconnection.com
steve@hauntedconnection.com
Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wretched Death

Post Reply with quote
unfortunately either way its definately not premium

anyway on a better not (kinda), ken wasnt that your fault that mean something was there and was tied in with a medicene bag

also when they guy died in the subway thingy or whatever, ken u think that might be the underground uhh passage thingy or what?

one more note, my cousin was at that shooting when it happen, i never asked about that, but i just might now.

just a note to everyone i was never at the haunted house when all this happened, nore experinced anything at the new one, however i know some stuff from the stories

Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.
Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
earwig

Post Reply with quote
The first season I worked at DR, I was in the industrial room. And Ben and I were standing there discussing something before we opened one night, and out of nowhere the door to the sparker room just opened. That was kind of cool. Other than that, I never saw anything. But in fairness, I was only there two seasons before you moved, and I usually slipped in just in time to get my makeup on and get in my spot. Once the doors opened, if you saw anything freaky you just assumed it was part of the show.
Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
SsSaYeSsS

Post Reply with quote
I remember alot of things that happened.

The one that sticks out, I guess was. . .

My first year when I worked in the cemetary I would stand straight dead in the doorway between the exit of the cemetary and the cattacoms. . .
I've heard many explanations for this blah blah so go ahead. . .
I wasn't leaning against anything, only my feet were touching the ground. . . I was wearing jazz shoes and I could feel pounding through the floor. . . concrete. . . My arms would also get really cold and numb. . . sometimes they started swinging, but I think my arms had to do with the little boy in the cemetary. .
Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
THE JUDGE

Post Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad I REALLY MISS GRANNY AND THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but not MR. NASTY!!!!
Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Your Supernatural Experiences All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: