HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Bachelor's Grove

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places View previous topic
View next topic
Bachelor's Grove
earwig

Post Bachelor's Grove Reply with quote
How could anyone forget Bachelor's Grove? That's the number one haunted spot in the state and one of the top in the country! Right in our own back yard.
Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
earwig

Post Reply with quote
Guess I should have read more before I made that statement. It appears Bachelor's Grove has been represented. Wink
Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
ApathyNow

Post Reply with quote
It was represented, and its poor condition represents that....

Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
earwig

Post Reply with quote
Yeah. It's a sad situation. This crap started back in the 70s and it keeps getting worse.
Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
AndytheCorpse

Post Reply with quote
i accually went on good friday spooky stuff
Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Big Sick

Post Reply with quote
Since bachelors grove is one of the most haunted places around, i think that it should be re-opened only after people clean the place up. I dont know why anyone would just leave it like that and then close it down, its a dump and needs to be cleaned. I dont know how you would go about asking to re-open this place..i highly doubt the officials or whoever decides would but if it was possible thatd be awesome. They have real haunted tours around chicagoland and if bachelors grove was public theyd have to hit that spot

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:24 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
unexplained_world

Post Reply with quote
I like Bachelor's Grove the way it is.
There was a group of 'witches' that
went out there to CLEAN it up (as someone
suggest should be done), and they cut tree
limbs down etc..

Kind of like vandels in their own way.

You can view images I took there, and
what I caught on film (like a screaming
face next to a headstone). The photos
shows B.G. in it natural state of Mother
Earth taking back what was once hers.

The photos are on my web site under the
paranormal at:
http://theunexplainedworld.com

Happy Hauntings

Ed Shanahan
Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:06 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
twiggee75

Post Reply with quote
I went to the cemetary over the weekend. First off I was very impressed the volenteer groups that have been cleaning the place up are doing a great job. We got many pics with orbs in them went in the old well and felt chills, also I could smell roses on and off in different locations. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Also I was wondering I know this time of year you cannot be in the area after dusk or you will recieve a ticket, but after Halloween do they lighting up on this?
Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:45 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Grigori_Jer

Post Reply with quote
Ive been there once..taking pics and measurements..i def got something anomalous in one picture..the place is rife with wild elemental energies..and lots of history..but the desecration is disheartening..i just dont see the charm in destroying stones and such..simple pleasures for simple minds i suppose..its a shame..

Founder / Lead Investigator
www.TheGrigoriGroup.com
Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:29 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Alu_Rathbone

Post Reply with quote
It's been awhile since anyone has updated this one... but I was there not that long ago... maybe a month or so... and the place is in shambles! My friends and I want to at least clean up the place to a point were you can actually walk around in it and not fear being bitten. It seems that since the time before I went there, March 2008, it has gone into some really bad disrepair... I'm making plans to go out there in the next few weeks... definitetly am going to cross the little creek that runs next to it that empties into the pond...

If you cross the creek, go to your right and get back on the path (that cuts off from the other side) There should be a stone path that leads across and depending on the time of year and the weather the water should be pretty shallow there. (some times its a little deep but not by much. Once you are on the path go left (only way to go) and you should find an area that has stones that form a foundation, this is a foundation to a house that once was there... and there are wells that are around there too...

This is the side that seems to kick the ass of visitors... I have a picture that shows an orb ... it's pretty cool to look at...

Story behind it was that my sister started to complain that something was grabbing her foot. So our friend Dillan decided to take a photo of her ankle... when we looked at this in the car it looks as if something is holding on to her ankle... but all you can see is the impression on either side of her foot and a huge white orb.

It also feels as if you are being watched.. but that could just be linked to paranoia... but who knows...

When I go again I'll post some more...
Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:59 am View user's profile Send private message
from07till

Post Reply with quote
The Illinois Paranormal Research Association has captured a full apparition on film at Bachelor's. View the footage at our site: www.ipra-team.us

-Dave
Lead Investigator
IPRA
from07till@yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
markspencer

Post Reply with quote
Yeah. It's a sad situation. This crap started back in the 70s and it keeps getting worse.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:59 am View user's profile Send private message
Vice Prez

Post BG Reply with quote
I've been there twice, but not in about a year now. I plan on going back within the next two weeks, though. I took a bunch of pics and caught a little bit of mist on one, but that was it.

I still haven't given up on the Grove, yet though.
Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: