HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
CUBA ROAD> > > OOOOOOOO
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places View previous topic
View next topic
CUBA ROAD> > > OOOOOOOO
SsSaYeSsS

Post CUBA ROAD> > > OOOOOOOO Reply with quote
So Cuba road has all theses stories. . . there's the graveyard that "breathes." The church where people hung themselves, and the cult houses. . . Well, alot of kids that I knew would go there. . . My uncle and I went to a fair and came back on cuba road so her showed me everything. . . in daylight. . . THe time that I went at night with was loretta, and well all these kids were traveling the wrong way on cuba road and pissing thier pants. . . They'd say and this is where this is supposed to be, but they never see it. . . So, I made her go the right way. . . There's also the rumor that on Rainbow road (off of cuba) is the biggest mobster in chicago's house and people dare others to take off christmas decorations. . . Blah. . .
So Loretta would get all mushy in her pants, but since we drive around and try to get lost all the time we have funny stories of cuba road. WE often use northwest highway to go to cary to see our friend, our to barrington saddlery so I can buy riding crops and dressage (I don't have a horse so what) And many a time we always end up back on cuba road. . . I don't know how long cuba road goes, but we got far enough north on it that we really did get lost. We couldn't find northwest highway at all. . . and we kept ending back up on cuba. . . yeah it was fun. . . So I'm only saying that instead of being scared you can make some fun. . . on cuba road.
Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:18 am View user's profile Send private message
ApathyNow

Post Reply with quote
Ahhh, good old Cuba road, I was wondering when someone was going to mention it....

Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Angela di Sangue

Post Reply with quote
OK - I have to travel all over IL and WI for my job - I KNOW I've been on Cuba Rd...somewhere in IL... just forgot where! Where/what town is it in?

Nikki
Production Team
THE FEAR

"Baby, this blood's for you."
Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
SsSaYeSsS

Post Reply with quote
I don't remember exactly what part the "haunted" side is on. . .

Barrington. . .
Palantine. . .
shrugs . . .

Te he all I know is that I'd be on Northwest Highway to get to those destinations. . .
Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Angela di Sangue

Post Reply with quote
Ok - yep... I remember now... Well I have to head out there in 3 weeks for work and will probably end up on that road again... at night...

Great - now I am freaked out. Shocked

Nikki
Production Team
THE FEAR

"Baby, this blood's for you."
Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
SsSaYeSsS

Post Reply with quote
Just think of cheese asteroids and frogs named jesus. . . always makes me laugh when I'm there. . . however I'm partly behind that story. . . Make it a good time. . . have someone drive with you if you're really scared, crack sex/potty jokes (cheap laughs. . )

just keep yourself distracted from the thought.
Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:45 am View user's profile Send private message
EmtFire62

Location: you can find me in a burning Building. But im usually in Chicago

Post Reply with quote
Believe it or not i have it on video tape me and my friends went to cuba road to scare the crap out of someone and while we were on a side street of cuba road i think it was sunnyside or rainbow road i cant remember u see the camera facing forward then headlights come right at us on a one lane street the we all scream and the lights dissapear can we say PHANTOM CAR believe it ot not

Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:39 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SsSaYeSsS

Post Reply with quote
I've heard that one. . . I believe it's sunnyside. . .
Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
LordOfGotham

Post Reply with quote
Not far from my house. We used to have American Saddlebreds at a stable that no longer exists up by Kemper. Never got spooked, though...

Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
ApathyNow

Post Reply with quote
You actually got footage of the ghost car! I rember seeing it with a few of my friends, as it drove us off the road.... I think it was closer to Rainbow road though....

Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SsSaYeSsS

Post Reply with quote
THe first few times I made loretta go up there she'd pee her pants. . . the thing that did most was just how the trees canapied the streets. . . te he. . . I myself, don't believe that I've seen the ghost car, but I know many who have. . . There can be some explanation. . . Like on archer how people see flashing or car lights and it's just the angle of tomestones reflecting thier headlights. . . many a people have gone into a wall that way. . . Anywho, whatever roads off a cuba, they are just the same, the whole area has some atmosphere that would scare people. . .
mainly the lack of streetlights. . . I think there's a few but still
Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
BADOMENFX

Post Reply with quote
I dont have to go far to see this stuff, just down the stairs into my bsmt. right Sarah Twisted Evil

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:57 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SsSaYeSsS

Post Reply with quote
You don't even need to be in the basement! Oh That's it I'm putting down J n Shirley's house
Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:44 am View user's profile Send private message
djmagix

Post Reply with quote
Been at cuba b4... around rainbow and sunnyside or w/e.. there used to be a closed fence there to a path to a forest ( dead end) now they tore down the fence cuz theyre building houses there... Myth is that theres an abandonded mental institution about 20 blocks deep inside forest ( never released to publics notice ) so we decided to check it out.. so we left the car... and literaly about only 50 feet inside the forest is when we started hearing female voices screaming at the top of their lungs like their some tortured people or whatever... but these noises where coming from north, west, south and east, all directions..was a disturbing noise.. and hte noise wasnt near us.. was quite far... so nobody coudlve known that we where there.. so we left immidiately.. but curiosity made us stay there for 2 more minutes to investigate around the car.. about 20 feet away... til my friend spotted a black figure running in the woods... i didnt see it.. but we broke and left... an hour of traveling.. for 5 mins of freight. Crying or Very sad
Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:25 am View user's profile Send private message
SsSaYeSsS

Post Reply with quote
I haven't heard about a mental institution. Hmm. . . Oh but traveling someplace is always so worth it no matter how much longer you traveled then actually experienced. Where else would you have gotten that pump of adrenaline. . . can't live life without experienceing all that it has to offer. I have many comical stories about cuba road. . . but yeah.
It's okay, my friends and I went from Cuba road, bachelor's grove, and ressurection all in the same night. . . infact it was the fourth of july and we had a grand old time. . . The only thing that really scared us was the groundskeeper at resurrection because he walked incredibly fast and anywhere we drove he was there at that second. . . and then we scared a deer. . . Sad
Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
LCPI

Post Reply with quote
Where is sunnyside Road? we have thought we saw it but we can't find it anymore. We know where rainbow road is because we've been there a million times.. is it sunnyside or sunset because we found sunset on the map, we can't even find sunnyside on the map. What are the stories about sunnyside road? Has anyone noticed all of the survalience or any police activity on cuba road by white cemetery? L.C.P.I
Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:59 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MAYH3M

Post Reply with quote
Um, For all you people, The Mafia House is gone. There was a Mafia House and a Barn, The Lake Zurich Fire Department burned it down in a routine excercise.

However, I have been to the barn, which is still standing. It was pretty creepy, there was a second floor to the barn and we were afriad it might collapse. I went upstairs and found a desk with a sewing machine on it and a chair right beside it.

There was also a crawl space to the barn which had a ladder walkin down into it. I took 2 steps down that ladder and got fucking freaked when I could'nt see anything. However, with the little bit of light pouring in, Me and a couple people saw carpets and rugs rolled up.

It was very strange, but all of you know the truth now.

EDIT: Before we found out the fire department burned it down, we all thought there was a mafia house or a mental institution like the previous guy said was there. We walked for an hour into the forest and found nothing until we reached a fence with house on the other side. We heard no screaming, we saw no black figures, just emptiness.
Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:42 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JaEd

Post Reply with quote
Had to signup to put alot of these to shame.

Alright first off, insane asylum is ludacris. No. It doesnt exsist, theres one in elgin alot of people mix up with the supposed mob house on Rainbow rd. I went through the woods with 4 guys looking for it, if you go far back enough in those woods youll hit another neighborhood.... we spent about an hour searching. I cant say i didnt have a funny feeling in the forest itself though.

Okay now for the mob house. Yes, one did exsist.... and as for what you hear about the ornaments... the ornaments thing was also done way back in the 70's... the place degraded alot overtime. anyhow your about a decade late. i believe it was back in the 90's they used the house for an excersise with the local fire depts. The actual house is long gone, till 2003 or 2004 there was a barn that also exsisted on the grounds. If you go to see where they are now building that is exactly where it was, right next to the silo.... there used to be a old dog house inbetween the two with a rusted chain on it. Then to the left of the silo you could see what was left of a small old building, paved cement crushed glass ashes and nails (i assumed it to be the remains of a Greenhouse... thats one thing ive yet to hear about) Anyhow the Barn itself was fuckin creepy, the big barn doors looked to have been ripped off by means of a truck or something.. when you went inside there was a tiny hole leading into the crawl space. the second floor where hay presumably was stored had a nothing but an old singer sewing machine on it. None of us went up there further than the stairs (afraid of it collapsing). If you went around the back of the barn you would see a sliding wood back door leading into the crawl space My friend that we like to call the hulk ripped the sliding door off since it had long been rusted to the brackets on the barn. When looking into the crawl space you could see multiple rolled up carpets (i found this ironic) and a shitload of dust. After seeing that we left fast. I should also add at the time it had huge raught iron gates up with the remains of a security camera attached to a tree, the electrical box next to the camera had been bashed in.

Ive been there recently aswell and when we went behind the building that is now in place of the barn we heard something by the silo... and the motion sensor lights by the garage on this new building went off. It was the 2nd time we ran and left that place fast... and when i mean fast i mean I jumped into a puddle... and my pants or shoes werent even wet.

Now. For the ghost car, ive been up and down that road multiple times day and night and have never once seen it.... if anyone would like to show me the supposed exsisting footage that proves there is such a thing i would be very happy to see it.... im still a non believer of this story though.

The cemetary, another place ive frequented is also another one i think has nothing but legends left... Ive been there alot, winter and summer. Day and night. not a thing... the biggest shock ive gotten was the first time when i walked too close to the front gates and the motion detector sent off. That being said, if you go do not go to the front gate or the one all the way to the right of the front gate. They both have motion sensors that put huge flood lights on.... Ive also been told they send a silent alarm to the police station that someone is there. Be careful.

Just tellin you all what i know since alot of what ive been hearing is urban myth.... alot of "Ive heards".

And please get back to me on that phantom car video... im intrigued.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:53 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MAYH3M

Post Reply with quote
Dude, I dont know about you, But when we were walking to find this "Mafia House", I remember finding random things in the grass like rusted tricycle frames and toy dolls. It was insanely creepy

But everything were telling you guys is true. We've been there, theres nothing left. But, I will not deny the fect that you get the cold, creepy presence whilst your there.
Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:21 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JaEd

Post Reply with quote
Actually yea now that you bring it up i do recall seeing random crap like that in the grass while we were walking through torwards the woods, also around where the outline of what i think was to be a green house.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:49 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: