HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The old stone house off Shoe Factory Road
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places View previous topic
View next topic
The old stone house off Shoe Factory Road
ApathyNow

Post The old stone house off Shoe Factory Road Reply with quote
Anyone else been in there? In the basement there is a room on the backside of the house. My friend Nick Antee walked into this room when he say a red light eminating from it, there was nothing in there when he entered but wound up getting clawed severly across the back(Looking like they were from a large dog, and actually tearing his shirt and skin). As soon as he started complaining about it we look over the room with several flashlights and found nothing.

Fri May 06, 2005 6:28 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NightSky

Post Reply with quote
I've been there.. it's an old school house built in the late 1800s. It's demolished to the bone by idiots. It's haunted by squirels and drunken punks. You can fake orb photographs there, because the house is really dusty.

The basement:

Some believe it is haunted, but many sources I found say it's not. Anyone else has any stories about this place?

All I know is that it was a first school house in the area and later it was converted into a family home. It is abandoned now. It is considered a historical landmark so it will never be taken down by the town.
Wed May 25, 2005 9:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Demon22

Post Reply with quote
i know this story... about this guy... who needs to use an image hosting provider. Rolling Eyes
Wed May 25, 2005 10:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
NightSky

Post Reply with quote
Hey, photos are awesome. I felt like sharing.

I feel it is sad how abandoned places get smashed by kids. I see nothing wrong with exploration, but destruction of property is another thing. The Stone House is complitely smashed. It looks like someone took a sludge hammer and went crazy in there. The walls are smashed and even the bath tub is broken. I really don't get it.

I was wondering if anyone of you knows anything more about this place. I am interested in any kinds of stories.
Wed May 25, 2005 11:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
ApathyNow

Post Reply with quote
I would have to agree with you Nightsky, it is a travesty. THere is no reason that any of this should have been done, and some of these jerkoffs should pay for what they have done. I am just surpized that they wont let anyone take over the house and rebuild it.....

Thu May 26, 2005 2:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post Reply with quote
Are there any pics available of the outside of the building?
Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LCPI

Post Reply with quote
Tonight me and my friend went up to the house on Shoe Factory Rd. the house which I have dubbed HELL HOUSE! I have seen some pretty crazy places but this place takes the cake. Not only do you have to look out for the "ghosts", but you also have the fear off some pussy ass "gang bangers" being in the house or some psycho. The board over the window in the basement was broken down and clearly the entrence that people use. I also noticed that there seemed to be something farther in the backyard tords the trees but I couldnt make out what it was. The fear of someone being around the corner when you enter the basement and the fear of someone jumping out of a room as you make your way to the steps that would lead you up stears. We would have made are way through the house but we felt we should at least have a couple others with us or a shank just incase. I also notice a little cage thing against the far wall once you walk into the basement which you can see in the picture tord the ground. Posabley a heater duct/vent. On the out side of the back wall I had my friend boost me up to the second window from the left since the board only coverd 75% of the window. It was the only way I was going to be seeing what the upstairs looked like that night but i didnt bring the light up with me like a moron. If any one knows the history on this house or any storys please write us back. Thank you for your information.
L.C.P.I
Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:54 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SanchezTheLlama

Post Reply with quote
We live a couple miles from shoe factory road. It is indeed pretty creepy. We haven't traversed inside yet, we plan on doing so saturday.

We'll be taking pictures (film and digital) as well as video (thermal, nightvision, film and digital)

I'll post when I know anything else.

There's a whole story about that schoolhouse.
Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
myscarylife

Post Reply with quote
Where is Shoe Factory Road? I am in the western burbs.....

THANKS Razz

Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ghosthunter2387

Post Reply with quote
OK I THINK THE STORY BEHIND THE HOUSE IS THAT OF A MAN WHO KILLED HIS WHOLE FAMILY THAN BURIED THEN UNDER A TREE ON THE LAND. IF U LOOK AT THE TREE NOW U CAN STILL SEE THERE FACES IN IT, I MEAN WHEN HE BURIED THEM THERE THERE FACES TOOK FORM IN THE TREE. AND THAT MAN SAW THIS AND COULDN'T TAKE IT SO HE KILLED HIMSELF IN THE HOUSE AND THATS Y ITS HAUNTED. DID U EVER HEAR OF WHITE CEMETARY??

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
greglacki

Post Reply with quote
i went there with some of my buddies hoping to catch something on video but unfortunatly we didnt. but i did get this. so check out this video compilation i made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rtULT17XZE
Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:27 am View user's profile Send private message
ghosthunter2387

Post Reply with quote
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE VIDEO. WHEN DID U GUYS GO? I REALLY WANT TO GO BUT IM AFRAID OF GETTING ARRESTED. LOL. TELL ME WHAT HAPPEN TO U GUYS WHILE U WERE THERE. LIKE WHAT DID U FELL DID U SEE ANY THING OTHER THAN WHAT WAS IN THE PICS? LET ME KNOW I NEED THE INFO. KK. THNAKS AGAIN.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Undead_wolfy

Post Reply with quote
WOOT! My friend and I went there yesterday on her suggestion...omfg! It was sooooo scary ^.^ But just like LCPI said, what reeeaaally gets to you is right when you're turning the corner to go up the stairs to the second floor...We took one look up there and were like:"heeeellll nooo!" lol.. but hmm. ghosthunter2387, don't worry about getting arrested, we went in the middle of the day, and i left my car RIGHT in front for like, a couple hundred ppl driving by to see, and still no cops were bothered to come see what was happening. Bad part of the house is that I did see a cat skin....~_~ Also again I ask LCPI: That thing in the back of the trees ya mentioned...Ya mean the long wooden pole with like a slanted shelf attached????

p.s. to make the place not scary, you can always get a kick from reading the graffiti on the walls Laughing my fav.: " You got balls if you came down here."

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:40 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ghosthunter2387

Post Reply with quote
PEOPLE THIS IS IMPORTANT. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET TO SHOE FACTORY ROAD FROM ELMHURST IL. I REALLY WANT TO GO WITH MY BF TO EXPLORE AND TAKE PICTURES. I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO GO TO THIS PLACE FOR THE LONGEST TIME I NEED TO GO. ITS LIKE MY LIFE DREAM TO GO HERE. U DON'T UNDERSTAND. I HAVE BEEN OBSESSED WITH IT FOR THE LONGEST TIME. SO PLEASE TELL ME AND I WILL LOVE U FOREVER.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Undead_wolfy

Post Reply with quote
Well(unsure of your exact location in Elmhurst), if you can just take I-90 west until you see IL-59, exit there and turn left (since you can only turn left or right) then just turn onto right onto Shoe Factory Road and the house'll be on your left. Cool

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:21 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ghosthunter2387

Post Reply with quote
I LOVE U. THANK U SO MUCH. IM TOTALLY GOING THERE THIS WEEKEND WITH MY BF. U ARE LIKE MY NEW BEST FRIEND. DO U HAVE MY SPACE?

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:33 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Undead_wolfy

Post Reply with quote
lol. No prob. Me n a group of friends plan to go over to the haunted silo on Shoe Factory road later today, and then probably the house again (since there's more of us, we're going to the top floooor! XD) hmmm. myspace? Normally I detest that site, but since all my friends are on it I just HAD to get one, lol. http://www.myspace.com/the_shattered_wings . Not much there, but o well., add me and I'll add you^_^

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:30 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
KIZZLE

Post Reply with quote
WELL, I HAVE BEEN TO THIS HOUSE MANY TIMES WITH A GROUP OF MY FRIENDS. AND EVERYTIME WE GO IT'S THE SAME OLD THING. NOTHING HAPPENS AND WE THOUGHT NOTHING EVER WOULD. WELL ONE NIGHT A BUNCH OF US WENT OVER THERE, ONE FRIEND SAID THEY HEARD A THUD NOISE FROM SOMEONE, BUT NONE OF US DID IT. ANOTHER SAID AS THEY LEFT THE HOUSE.. THEY HEARD SOMEONE BREATHING DEEPLY INTO HIS EAR, NO ONE WAS AROUND HIM AT THAT TIME. WE DECIDED TO GO OVER TO THE BARN AND SILO. STANDING THERE NOTHING WAS HAPPENING, UNTIL A COUPLE OF US NOTICED SOMETHIGN MOVING IN THE GRASS, LIKE SOMEONE WAS WATCHING US AND FOLLOWING US. I, BEING THE ONLY ONE NOT SCARED WALKED OVER TO WHERE THEY THOUGHT THEY SAW SOMETHING/SOMEONE AND SAW NOTHING. ANOTHER ONE CAME OVER AND WE NOTICED, FOOT PRINTS WHERE THE MOVING OCCURED. WE THEN HEARD LAUGHING COMING FROM KIDS, BUT NO ONE WAS AROUND.

THEN 4 OF US, 3 INCLUDING ME WENT BACK TO THE HOUSE. WALKED IN AND GOT A LITTLE NERVOUS WALKING UP THE STAIRS SO WE WAITED. I TURNED MY EYE OVER TO WHERE WE GOT IN, AND SAW A BODY RUN PAST THE WAY WE CAME IN. I IMMEDIATLY ASKED FOR A FLASHLIGHT STUNNED, AND MY FRIEND LOOKED TOO AND WE SAW IT GO PAST AGAIN. RUNNING SCARED OUT OF OUR MIND OUT OF THE HOUSE, SOME ONE WAS BEHIND US RUNNING, THEN JUST DISSAPEARED.

AS WE LEFT THAT HOUSE AND DROVE AWAY.. THERE WAS A CAR BEHIND US. NO WAY TO TURN, NO STREETS AND SUDDENLY IT DISSAPEARED. NONE OF US HAD EVER SEEN ANYTHIGN LIKE THAT GOING TO THAT HOUSE, AND EVER SINCE THEN I DON'T THINK I CAN EVER GO BACK.

AND NO IT WASN'T JUST SOME KIDS, THERE WAS NOBODY AROUND
Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:55 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DKM1

Post Just went there Reply with quote
I went to this house last weekend, but couldn't get in. There are bulldozers everywhere and the ground is all mud. I looked online and apparently it was a schoolhouse called the Charles Lindbergh School. There is a huge effort to restore it and use it for field trips and such.

It doesn't look like this will be a good site to search much longer. Its a shame really, I've seen some good videos and heard some great stories about it.
Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
b45r

Post Reply with quote
DKM1. so is there any point of me going out there? should i even bother. is it now impossible to get to?
Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: