HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Haunted House Admission

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Halloween & Haunted House Polls View previous topic
View next topic
Haunted House Admission

How much would you pay to go to a Haunted House?
More than $25
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
$21 to $25
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
$18 to $20
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
$15 to $17
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
$12 to $14
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
$9 to $11
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
$5 to $8
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Less than $5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 30

Webmaster

Post Haunted House Admission Reply with quote
Please cast your vote.

Adam Drendel
Webmaster of HauntedIllinois.com
"The Internet's Only Exclusive Directory of Illinois Haunted Attractions"
Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:48 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mike Cash

Post Reply with quote
I would pay quite a bit if the quality (scares) and quantity (length) made it worth it........ but you know...... I ain't right in da' head.
Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ken Spriggs

Post It Reply with quote
It all depends on what you are getting.
A podunk haunted house in the middle of no where.......$5
A large haunted house (over 10,000 square feet) could be $15 to $20

Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kevin Dells

Post reply Reply with quote
This is a great topic Adam.

Like Ken said with his examples, if it's a good quality house anywhere in the 15- 20$ range but it needs to have the whole show,Props, lots of different schenes, possibly a few different types of houses, lots of actors with good make up. Im sorry but haunts that use anymore than a few masks say 10% of their crew dosen"t deserve a high ticket price no matter whats in the Haunt. Our Haunt Takes a lot of pride in our make up, we spend a lot to do it, i know Dream Reapers(Iv'e seen their set up, it's nice) is the same way, lots of artists, good characters, and great make up, in my book that would be a huge factor.

I would never pay more than 20$ and even that would be real hard to shell out! I have a family of four at 20 a head with a soda or snack im looking at 100$, no way!

I know a lot of patrons complain about price and hopefully a few will read this as the season draws closer, Owning a Haunt is a MONEY PIT!!!!

I wont even go into details, it's endless, but a quick example. Today i sent Joyce our owner to menards for safety pins, 15 household extensoin cords, a few dozen colored light bulbs, and five cans of black paint we ordered finally came in. The bill 428$, and that was just one trip(she made four runs today!) That was just little stuff you should see when they buy three full bunks of 2x4"s and 50 sheets of plywood for maze walls, that hits in the thousands. Add Professional props which start at 1000$ and there topping out at 15,000$ ( our Slayer )! Insurance, rent,costumes,Advertising(oh man!),anyhow it is enough to give somebody a major cardiac to see what the total comes up to a year, and you constantly have to change for the customers sake, they hate the same show two years in a row. This costs major money and the kicker most haunts only have a 20 day season, there only open five hours a night so we have only 100 hours to pack as many as we can through to make back spent money, if you make some back one year, your not rich, your more than likely going to keep reinvesting it.

Now i think about my first reply, 20$ dosen't sound all that expensive.

" When it comes to freaky people i win!"

Woods of Terror on Church Street
www.woodsofterror.com
Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
Webmaster

Post Reply with quote
Oh, I chose the $18-$20 option.

Once you rise above the $20 mark, I consider that price gouging (unless they offer you an outstanding amount of value for that price). Confused

For that hefty price tag, they'd better have real ghosts, real decapitated heads rolling down the stairs or something equally as impressive! Twisted Evil

Adam Drendel
Webmaster of HauntedIllinois.com
"The Internet's Only Exclusive Directory of Illinois Haunted Attractions"
Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:23 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CRYPTREAPER

Post Reply with quote
LIke Ken said depends on haunted house. Like Adam said over twenty is gouging. Of course a haunt with a dozen Hooter girls in reavealing vampire outfits, that would get more money from me , hell I would go work there.... Oh wait does my woman read this?
Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:25 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LordOfGotham

Post Reply with quote
Webmaster wrote:
For that hefty price tag, they'd better have real ghosts, real decapitated heads rolling down the stairs or something equally as impressive! Twisted Evil

Try the military. Real horror, and THEY PAY YOU! Of course there is some risk involved...

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Stellar

Post Reply with quote
I completely agree with Kevin...construction a haunted house is a huge money pit...people walk through, look at the 2 hour line and say "Holy crapoly...you guys are making money hand over fist." HOWEVER, they dont see the $5,000 Menards bill a charity group forked over to reach that point...or the 15 fog machines needed to create enough haze in half the haunted house, the blue lights, the fully automated swamp, the four music systems, insurance, permits and everything else...let alone you own unpaid time spent working in there to get the sucker open.....

....Hmmm....

...Anyone wanna buy a haunted house?

Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:19 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post $$ & The Haunted House. Reply with quote
Next time! NEXT TIME Adam comes here HIS admission will be $20.00!! (reg. $12.00) hahahah!
We already have real ghosts here, the tricky part will be that required bloody head he has to see roling down the stairs.
Will your eyes still be working as we roll your head down the stairs, Adam?
One way to find out!!
The only thing that used to roll down those stairs was ME!
When we filmed some goofy videos one time , I played the part of the servant bringing a tray of food and drinks up those stairs, but every time I almost got to the top step I would twitch or sneeze or simply lose my balance and fall all the way back down, scattering everything all over .
Maybe it was that muttering with a French accent that made this keep happening?

Some local loco people once were saying that a Mr. Say Tan had helped me build this house!?
No way!
He is so overrated! So Lazy! Just sits in the corner, won't pick up a hammer, screwdriver, paint brush, I HAD to do it all myself!
Of course when I first got started I would be standing in the parking lot making change, admission was a whopping $2.00 ($2 not $20.oo!!) My pockets were full of$1.00's, $5.00's mostly.
"Look at all THE MONEY that guy has!!!"
"Where does yer Daddy work, Kid? Do they pay him in ones and fives? Well if they did his stack of ones and fives would look alot higher than what I may take in for all of two weeks this fall."
I eventually bought a magician's flaming wallet .
I would be putting some of my newset customer's paper money into it .."I do have to share this income with my business partner, you know."( Flames seem to engulf the money as I place it inside of the wallet.) "Whoose!"
"He just took his half!"

Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Grim Blade

Post Reply with quote
I voted between $20-$25... But I've never had spend anything like more than $20 because I've always spent like $10-$15 in the past, and in this time too! Well, if there is a HUGE haunted house anywhere... I believe they would charge more than $20! Shocked

HalloweenMaster's Top Horror Lists
Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Now For Another Price-Related Question. Reply with quote
Q-"If you were a married man with several kids all wanting to go into the Haunted House
would you 1) Take them in- eat a sandwhich for lunch for the next three weeks?
(Rather than your more expensive "Usual"?)

2) Tell them you know a better haunted house then shop around til you found a free or real cheap haunt, take them to that one and play "Dumb" if they bitch about how lame it was?

3) Pretend to get mad at them or someone else and drag them away back home, spending no money?

Yes, I have seen these things happen and MORE.
Most of these examples set a poor example for the kids because kids don't miss anything if it's half-way important to them.

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Reply with quote
I noticed on this poll that about 1/3 were from $5 to 12? wuz it? and another 1/3 were at the $15-!8? range, this surprises me. Too bad for haunt owners someone with a good amount of money couldn't sponser a poll of a bigger number of customers to see what people are really feeling comfortable paying.
Really. Think about it. Who is reading a site like this? Maybe haunt fans? Those who might readilly pay more or at least a little bit more because it is "The Season".
How many people making the financial choices are not haunt fans? Like the parents? Like people who really do not want to be there?

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
thecurse

Post Reply with quote
i try to stay away from ones that are over $20. that just seems a bit much to me.
Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:09 am View user's profile Send private message
quercusmac

Post Reply with quote
I'd pay up to $15 - 17 for a haunt I'd never heard of and that looked like a quality show. For Dream Reapers, Raven's Grin, or another highly recognized haunt, I must admit, I'd pay $20. Glad to know I don't have to pay that much but as a haunt enthusiast, I know I'd pay more than the average dude on the street.

BTW I've been to Raven's Grin but still haven't made it up to Dream Reapers. Confused
Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
hauntee

Post Reply with quote
Would have to agree it depends on what's in it for me. If the event was a non-for-profit and of value I would be more likely to shell out more money. Everyone likes a different style too bit honestly I would even pay $100+ if it was hard core and was sure to scare the socks off me. Never found one that has ever scared me (always had fun though) although nor have I paid a lot to see a production haunted house but just saying as a true horror fan junky I wish there was something that could make me scream.in fright out there...that's money well spent in my mind...twisted i know but I'm sure I'm not alone here being the site we are on LOL. Okay on the otherhand im saying If I also have the extra $100 too spend on my aventure too, I'm pretty broke most the time but is try to go for sure!
Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:17 am View user's profile Send private message
The Wicker Man

Post Reply with quote
I chose $21 - $25 b/c I love to see something real, something more scarier! Not just like any other cheap haunted houses and attractions. Wink I also love to see some blood all around the walls, doors, ceilings, floors, etc. It would be very cool! Cool

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:50 am View user's profile Send private message
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Wicker Man.. Reply with quote
Are crime scenes haunted?
"Blood" everywhere sounds like a crime scene or a slaughterhouse for animals.
Lawsuits may be forthcoming from the Supernatural for the gross misrepresentations Hollywood has created for mere harmless Spirits that could never kill or maim anyone.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:31 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
steavejohn1994

Post Reply with quote
Halloween & Haunted House Polls is what i can't understand but i want to say that your forum design is great and fantastic i want to appreciate your style and i have captured some designing tips from your forum i really thanks to you for this and i am repeatedly saying that your design is ammazing

Mon May 28, 2012 2:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Halloween & Haunted House Polls All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: