HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Haunted House Location

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Halloween & Haunted House Polls View previous topic
View next topic
Haunted House Location

How far would you drive to see a REALLY GOOD haunted house?
101 miles or more
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
76 to 100 miles
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
51 to 75 miles
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
25 to 50 miles
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
15 to 24 miles
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1 to 14 miles
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ZERO MILES. I don't like Haunted Houses.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

Webmaster

Post Haunted House Location Reply with quote
OK, guys & gals. Here's another one. Please cast your vote and add comments if you wish.

Personally, I chose the more than 101 miles. One time I drove over 400 miles to see a haunted house... Very Happy

Adam Drendel
Webmaster of HauntedIllinois.com
"The Internet's Only Exclusive Directory of Illinois Haunted Attractions"
Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CRYPTREAPER

Post Reply with quote
Hell Adam i drive 50 miles to build and work the really great one I am at now. So a hundred to see a really good one isn't far
Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:29 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post A Really Good Haunted House?? Reply with quote
I was feeling pretty "Small-Town", "Aww gee, I ain't got much here to show people for a haunted house."
That was when a guy who has probably seen more haunted houses that almost anybody said how great my place was!!
"??"
"But they got all that $$ and thousands and thousands of nightly customers and can buy all $ort$ of exotic devices like compressors and tricky switches!"
"What you have here is still better than a very large number of the biggest haunts out there."

..then I woke up! That fall from the ladder was about 20 feet, right on top of concrete!
Nothing beats entertaining people who have driven Many miles or even flown in to see my place and then to have them enthusiastically complimenting me at the tour's conclusion!!!
(Some desperate people will do and say anything just to get directions out of this town!)
cue the bald-headed banjo -boy on the porch....

Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Grim Blade

Post Reply with quote
I believe me and my fiance drove more than 200 miles to see the Haunted GraveYard somewhere in CA, but sorry, I forgot the name of the city because it was like more than 15 years ago... Surprised

This time, we only go from 5 to 30 miles from now because we do not have enough expense to travel somewhere else, even thru, we're extremely busy! Crying or Very sad

HalloweenMaster's Top Horror Lists
Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Reply with quote
California is a driver's state from what others who live there have told me.
Illinois could be too if the potholes were ever turned inside-out and flattened abit.
Recently they have begun massive road work locally on rt. 64 from Mount Carroll to Savanna, ill. only ten miles. They are putting concrete pipes under the road for drainage, never had those before!?
Never a" water across the road" problem.
Maybe because the road is on top of a ridge, a steep ridge.
In the past the water just ran down both sides, away it went. Maybe the state had some insider information that the rain was planning upon running uphill from now on?
Grab that money by the handfulls and just throw it as fast as you can!

Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:58 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
I voted for 75 to 100 :3

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsey were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe!
Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grim Blade

Post Reply with quote
Hey, I'm so curious... If any one of you have lots of monies - Can you travel between 1000 to 3000 miles to see the haunted places?

If you can do so, which haunted place would you like to go? What state in this country? For me, if I have a fistful of dollars, then I probably go see a haunted house in Florida, I forgot the name of the city and the place. I will see if I can check out more info later on.

HalloweenMaster's Top Horror Lists
Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Reply with quote
I have had alot of people drive along way just to see my house.
It does help them out by the fact that I am open almost every night of the entire year.
They get a very personal show here most of the time, October weekends? No.
I remind them if they want that personal experience that I am open all those other nights, so come here then.
We are located in the northwestern corner of Illinois.
Just last October there were some who drove 6 and 8 hours, one way to get here.

One year I had some people pushing their way up through the line.."We should get in before all of these other people because we drove for hours and hours to get here!" (So do many others)
"Really? Where are you from?"

"Sterling, Illiniois."

Sterling is 35 miles from The Ravens Grin Inn

"Hours and hours, huh?" (I can't help it if you are that lost or stupid or both!!!)
"Sorry, please see the back of the line."

Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Reply with quote
A previous question was about if someone had the money and time to travel all over the country to see a great number of haunted houses, which ones would you go see?
A few years ago I knew someone in this position, financially and time-wise and it was sort of dissappointing when you do this and keep seeing the same things in almost everyone's haunted house.
As he and his girlfriend were going through a haunt, the hallway took a 90 degree bend so you couldn't see what was next. A person infront of them (able to see what was next) said, "Oh not one of these things again!"
A spinning tunnel! The old Yak-Tube!
Might be like driving around the old neighborhood when everyone hung their laundry out to dry seeing the same crap stains on the undies that didn't come clean!
"Not this old crap again!"
Then a gust of wind whips one off the line, sails it an incredibly impossible distance to wrap itself right around your face!
NOW you're scared!"

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Halloween & Haunted House Polls All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: