HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Munger Road

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places View previous topic
View next topic
Munger Road
Brian

Post Munger Road Reply with quote
So... Does anyone have any stories about munger road? I don't have any that are too interesting... But, I know I have heard the "ghost train" at 11:04pm. I have heard it on a number of occasions and have actually been sitting on the tracks when it happened once. Other than that I have seen just some weird stuff around there. Black cat staring at me on Friday the 13th.
I used to live by there so I would drive down it all the time.
Post up!
Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
ApathyNow

Post Reply with quote
Actually, Munger has died down in the last 5 years... The most interesting thing that has happened to us there was the cop yelling at us to leave the woods and ran off before we even got to the edge of the woods because he noticed where he was...

Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dave&tammie2005

Post munger Reply with quote
I LIVE IN CAROL STREAM right near this location and have been begging my g/f to go take a trip there with me but she wants no part of it. whats been going on there lately?
dave
Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
viper

Post Reply with quote
Where is this place sounds kind of interesting
________
IPAD GUIDES

Last edited by viper on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:59 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
optidonn

Post Reply with quote
Man I forgot about that place! From what I remember from highschool there was a large inverted cross on the road and when you drove over it your car would stall. And of course the large dogs and the people in large black robes. I always wanted to go but instead I had to hear second hand stories.
Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ApathyNow

Post Reply with quote
And now we see what telephone games bring about....

Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:07 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
viper

Post Reply with quote
The road actually starts at smith rd and goes to stearns rd. The roads about 3 miles long. I didn't see anything odd or anything but I just stayed on munger rd, didn't go exploring/
________
Marijuana strains

Last edited by viper on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon May 22, 2006 4:53 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ccantu2

Post Reply with quote
The story of Munger Rd is that a school bus full of kids stalled on the train tracks, a train hit the bus killing everyone inside. What you are supposed to do is drive up to those train tracks, put your car in neutral and turn the car off. After a minute a ghost train comes by and the ghost kids come together and push the car forward. I've never done it, but those who have said they've seen some weird shit and handprints on the back of their car.
Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
mxeddie

Post Reply with quote
The story I've heard about Munger Rd is that a boy was hit by a train, and when you go there you're supposed to stop on the tracks, put the car in neutral, shut off engine, roll down all windows and wait. Some have heard someone running around in the rock area, some hear a boy laughing and running up to the car and touching it. If you put baby powder on your bumper your supposed to see small handprints. There's also the story of a phantom ghost train that shows up. I have heard footsteps that get close to the car, but thats it. Back in my high school days my friends and I used to park our cars in the town homes down the road and walk up to the tracks. We would hide and wait for people to pull up and stop on the tracks and scare the living shit out of some kids! It was great. But turns out I did some research and a woman was found raped and murdered there in the 1980's, a man was also found murdered there in the woods area at a different date, you can look it up on the county sherriffs website, I'm not sure of the exact link but I can find it. Creepy stuff, I won't be getting out of my car there anymore.
Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
majorforum88

Post Reply with quote
its a nice work

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:34 am View user's profile Send private message
hollymarief

Post Reply with quote
Hey!

I just visited Munger Rd. today, and when we were driving between Army Trail Rd. and Stearns Rd. heading north, we saw a huge flying thing (for lack of a better word) fly about 100ft. off of the ground from west to east. It was about 200ft. in front of our car, and it was going pretty fast so we saw it very quickly. It looked as if it was white, and it looked about 10-15 times larger than a bat. Of course, we started freaking out, and I really wanted to know what it was. Does anyone know if there are any large birds in the area; I know there is a large forest preserve to the west of Munger Rd., so perhaps a strange type of bird congregates there???

I should also mention that we were driving through at a bout 10pm.
Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:48 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mcg

Post Munger Road Movie Reply with quote
It's pretty neat that they made a movie about this place. I went to high school and had friends that lived not too far from there. It's a pretty scary place to go late at night and it seems everyone has a friend of a friend whose experienced the hand prints. As for me, the times we tried it nothing happened, but it was scary enough letting my mind race while waiting. The large white bird you saw was an Egret. It's similar to a Blue Heron just a bit smaller. I'm 100% sure that's what you saw considering they are pretty popular in the marshlands and ponds of that area. If anybody has seen the movie I'd be interested in a review. Thanks!
Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
greatmagoo

Post My experience Reply with quote
So in High School my gf at the time told me about the road. So we took a trip out there. 5 people in the car. We drove down the road and back again, when one of the guys in the back seat said that their was a supposed haunted abandon house. So we parked, had to get around a fence, and approached this very spooky run down house. We entered the house, it looked like some kids have partied there previously, broken bottles, broken windows. So we explored the house, we went upstairs in which there were many broken floor boards. The upstairs room floor was in really bad shape, we're very lucky we didn't fall through. When all of a sudden we hear something in the front yard. We all freak out not knowing who it was, or what to do. So we reluctantly went outside and it was another friend meeting up with us and trying to scare us. Well it worked. I am not sure if this house is still there, I doubt it. That was 10 years ago. So no real ghost sightings but a very creepy place to go, but be careful cops love to bust kids out there, and they will arrest you for trespassing. Same with Cuba Rd. My suggestion just don't go out on Halloween, because they have the paddy wagon just waitin' for ya.
Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:04 am View user's profile Send private message
coasterfreak68

Post Munger Road movie Reply with quote
I won tickets to the premier of Munger Road and saw it last night at Charlestowne 18 in St. Charles. It opens to the public on Thursday 9/29 at midnight. It was very well done. The acting was good, not forced or boring, very relatable characters. Creepy and suspenseful, not gory at all (although I do love a good slasher flick!), and kept you guessing and left you thinking and wondering. Highly recommended.
Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
HurricaneMatt

Post Reply with quote
I used to go down Munger rd when I was in High school... so around 1996 to 1999. Back then Munger rd was a dirt road and the house was still there. Just like a previous post the house was ran down, everything broken, red paint(looks like blood) all over the walls. Kids from years before would go party in there and make it look haunted. But back before the road was paved it was very scary. Dirt road, overgrown trees, grass, looked like a scene out of a haunted house.

I never seen anything haunted but... Like said before the house was abandoned. Its been years and years since anyone lived at that house. And everytime I was at the house there was no power or electricity. Yet one time we pulled near the house and the front porch light was on. Out of the numerous times we have been there we didn't even know it had a porch light or power in the house. We were freaked out and didn't stop. We figured it could of been anything from someone looking to buy, or tear down the house, yet there were no foot prints or tire tracks in the grass.
Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:47 am View user's profile Send private message
scott34

Post ITS REAL Reply with quote
Me and my friend saw the movie since we live so close to munger road. We got out of the movie, picked up 2 friends and went to munger rd. We put baby powder on the bumper, parked on the rail road tracks and waited. Sure enough, there were 2 sets of hand prints on the bumper! We did it again to make sure and it worked again! It's funny because it didn't work in the movie but does in real life. I will email anyone the picture of the little prints.
Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:09 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MikeProano

Post Reply with quote
does anyone have pictures of these handprints? i went today and felt a small push but a couple of kids just started to hit our car so they kinda ruined it haha
Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
jim warfield
Haunt Legend

Post Every State seems to have this Reply with quote
"Bus on the tracks, kids killed, handprints on the trunk"
Did this ever really happen anyplace?
It probably happened right as the bus finally found the seven story haunted house after driving for 15 years, the kids all wanted to go through it to get paid for being so brave (Money back plus $75!?
They all made it through the house, got paid, put it all together to buy gas for the bus and then ran out of gas on the tracks just a block from the gas station, they were killed by the train Because they were going to tell the world where that seven storied haunted house was located!
And then their pile of cash evaporated right as the Police were bending over to shovel it up!
The "Seven Story Haunted House" does have children's finger prints on it because they are doomed to an afterlife of moving the house to keep it an urban mystery!
"Push harder kids, you can do it!"
Of course the kids are constantly trying to push the house onto the tracks! (Which in fantastic movie style would mean the end of the urban myth, which one?) BOTH of them!
Listen! Can you hear that tremendous impact Now?
I can.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:51 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » Real Haunted Places All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: