HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Check this out!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
Check this out!
rockfan15

Post Check this out! Reply with quote
Hey,

Check out my new boards and join! I like to get feedback from everybody! What is scary! is a new gateway place for haunted houses! Come on and check it out!!!!

http://whatisscary.cjb.net/

Last edited by rockfan15 on Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
::cough::

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves,
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsey were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe!
Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rockfan15

Post Reply with quote
Dear, Posters!

Hey come on over to WHAT IS SCARY? for a new place to voice you screams! Not all about haunted houses and a great place to just hang out and read the posts! Our community is building and you should be part of it! Haunt Owners: New service---Get you own board for your haunt! Thats right for FREE Exclamation Come on and scream with us! Become a member today!

Click here to check it out!!!
http://devilofthetrail.proboards38.com/index.cgi

Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:36 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Triumph

Post Free Forum??? Reply with quote
rockfan15 wrote:
Haunt Owners: New service---Get you own board for your haunt!

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Haunted Illinois already offer this service on their boards??? I saw a post about that last season. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Also, why would the owner of another haunted house want to get a message board on a forum that is controlled AND monitored by a competing haunt (Trail of Screams)??? Most haunted house owners/workers are pretty secretive about their ideas. I'm not sure they would want to give away their secret plans directly to another haunted house group. Rolling Eyes

I'll have to say that was a clever plan you had, to gather ideas from other haunted houses so you could use them in your own haunted house... And all under the guise of being helpful and giving haunted house owners a FREE place to talk about their secret plans. Nice try, but no cigar! Wink Busted!

"I keed, I keed!"
Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:18 am View user's profile Send private message
corypark

Post Reply with quote
ouch! schooled by an animal, rockfan! gotta hurt...i feel for ya man, i got two little "bitches" myself.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
I'm on Triumph's side for this one, obviously.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rockfan15

Post Reply with quote
Dear Triumph and all doubters,

Thank you for your concerns now my side! I know in the world today there are many things that decieve you. It might be easy to come to the conclusion that you have but things aren't always as they seem. Sure I work at a haunt! I am sure ADAM owned this site when he was still part of a haunt and this one is non-bias! I am trying to create a new place to talk about horror stuff and respect all of the members. See I am a haunted house fan! I always have even before I got in the buisness! I used to talk to people about it in JULY!!! Well people didn't like and well I was outcast by people. I wanted some people to talk to about it. I joined a haunt house and that helped some but it still wasn't enough. I found myself on the internet one day and found hauntillinois.com. I found the board and read about EVERY POST! I loved the boards and loved the people on it. It felt like a home for me. I soon thought "Would it not be great if I had a board myself." Sadly I didn't know how to until a few weeks ago and I made one. I Thought wow this could really make me happy. I want my board to be a successful, fun, and above all safe for everyone. I, as a person, never take anyones ideas because it is disrespect and a shame! I just want my own board, my own place, my own home from home so I can mingle with the people that I have growen to just admire and if it is a crime to work at a haunted house and own a form then arrest me now. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO COME TO MY BOARD THEN DON'T COME! But if you decide to come remember you will be treated with honor and respect!

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
Adam isn't with any haunts.

Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:06 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gatekeeper7

Post Reply with quote
Dear fiends,

Let us not condem someones efforts until they demonstrate their intent is less than trustworthy.

I can understand though how some people may not be too trusting, could be the fact having gotten burd by someone in the past.

Whatever! I joined rockfans board, I,ll see how it goes, if he proves out to be all about him yhwn I'll gut-em, until then I wish him good luck.

Lady Lupus, them cheerieos are improving your brain power.

Gatekeeper7

Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:35 am View user's profile Send private message
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
::holds up BIG bowl of HONEY NUT Cheerios and forces everyone on worship them::

Ok, that was really gay ^^, but I don't care. Yay for me.

Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:56 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Triumph

Post You missed the point! Reply with quote
Rockfan,

I think you missed my point. I applaud you for creating a message board related to horror/halloween. I think you should have every right to do so.

What I was trying to say is that perhaps some of the features you are promoting are a conflict of interest.

For instance, when you were calling out to all HAUNT OWNERS to sign up for their own private board. There is NOTHING wrong with that feature in and of itself. BUT, when you work for another haunted house, it sounds a little fishy.

Let's say you had ten haunted house owners sign up for your offer. In turn, those haunt owners and their employees would post private information (stuff they don't want the public or anyone to know about yet) about what they are going to include in their haunted house the next season.

As an admin of such a board AND an employee of another haunted house, you could easily monitor all of their communications and it would be easy for you to 'borrow' an idea or two from their collective minds.

Do you get my point? The board itself and the features you are offering ARE NOT THE ISSUE. The issue is that you work at a competing haunted house. This makes your motives for providing such a service VERY QUESTIONABLE. Does that make sense?

I support your right to have a message board, but this whole "HAUNT OWNERS SIGN UP NOW" thing just sounds fishy to me.

Just my two cents!

"I keed, I keed!"
Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
corypark

Post Reply with quote
First, Reggie has a good point. Adam is not affiliated with any haunt...he might have never been, I dunno about that, but he currently is unaffiliated.
Second, Triumph is doing his job. He is questioning things for amusement, but he does bring up a point, You have the right to create your board, but just know that one with the same purpose already exists, so you may not get that much publicity. Best of luck to ya though!

Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
rockfan15

Post Reply with quote
Okay, I considered it and it is fishy so...no more with this haunts own board but please come on over I will be posting some interesting things soon like flash movies and some very scary stuff! Thank you for you concern and I want to thank you. If you like then become a member!

Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
corypark

Post Reply with quote
triumph is triumphant, at last. tahnks for hearing us out--but we want you to know, when we were "making fun of you" it was just friendly advice so as to not get you embarassed or anything. now, the next bone to pick is: i doubt anything you post will be able to scare most of us. just playing devil's advocate for the sake of argument for that...tehe...

Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:14 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
LordOfGotham

Post Reply with quote
Corey, you don't think Reggie, forcing people to worship a bowl of Cheerios, (forgive me, HONEY NUT Cheerios) is scary?

How about what she's like if she DOESN"T get her way?

Keep the Crab Girl happy. I suspect we'll all live longer. (That's why I gave her that bowl...)

Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
LupusGrenwych

Post Reply with quote
::points, laughs, and grins::

Laughing Twisted Evil

Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:51 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RSFGateKeeper

Post Reply with quote
Hmm boys I will try to restrain her we are both at the same haunt, and I know her weakness. Evil Laughs ("I dont like you, I dont like any of you") Long story just grin and laugh she does in deed have a weakness like Superman to Kryptonite. Make her laugh and she is gone hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Actually I wounder what else I can find out on her weakness's
I will find out soon and the bam she will be my little minion for eternity and the Hunny Nut Cherrios will rule no longer. And I will be king

Twisted Evil

Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:07 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
corypark

Post Reply with quote
mmmmmm.....cheerios.......and buddy, it's CORY not COREY...

Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:33 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Kull200BC

Post Reply with quote
I say give the guy a break. Most of us should have a clue if its ran by another haunt to not post anything important there. If you do its your own fault. Another place for everyone to go and chat is a nice idea. It gives us more space to through out some crazy thoughts and see how they float.

Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LordOfGotham

Post Reply with quote
Sorry, Cory. Instead of typing what I saw, I typed the spelling of my nephew's name. Lazy, I know. Bad bat brain. No Cheerios.

Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    HauntedIllinois.com Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: